size

Nino_Leb

from what i've heard, you can't go more than 2 inches larger than the original factory size. so for e.g, if your car comes out factory with 15", the largest you can go is 17". but do prove me wrong if i am... :P

from what i've heard, you can't go more than 2 inches larger than the original factory size. so for e.g, if your car comes out factory with 15", the largest you can go is 17". but do prove me wrong if i am...  :P

pretty much what i heard, contacted the insurance by email should get a reply sooon. ill let ya known when i do. better safe than sorry these days .

This is a bit of a grey area (So it's best to check directly with VIC Roads), because when I insured my car AAMI said size didn't matter ( No pun intended ) provided they were below 22"

Legally in vic - most important thing is that rolling diameter and weight load rating is identical to the OEM specs. Also, you can't exceed 1" wider than OEM spec.

Edited by IZZ-FE

This is a bit of a grey area (So it's best to check directly with VIC Roads), because when I insured my car AAMI said size didn't matter ( No pun intended ) provided they were below 22"

Legally in vic - most important thing is that rolling diameter and weight load rating is identical to the OEM specs.  Also, you can't exceed 1" wider than OEM spec.

Very true i have seen guys getting away with being 2"+ over their stock limit and ive seen other guys get done when its less than that.... Very very very grey area

In Qld it's an inch wider and an inch larger in diameter. So the biggest leagl rim for a stivo would be 17x7.

Sorry Silva, just to clarify the QLD regs don't specify how much bigger you can go in rim size, only that your overall diameter of tyre can go up a maximum of 15mm or down 26mm, but you're correct about the maximum inch wider.

QLD Modifications brochure

Edited by Buddha