Front speakers not working

DaleW

Heya there,

New user. Plz be kind. :)

I just purchased a 2nd hand Toyota Aurion SX6 2009, love it. I have noticed tho the front two speakers are not working, i have played with balance and fade and i have confirmed and they are defiantly not playing any sound whatsoever. The head unit is the standard model fitted to the car, nothing fancy and to be honest if the front speakers get working again ill be more then satisfied with it.

Has anyone seen this before? I think it might be because it was an Ex Police car the front speakers were disconnected on purpose? Any ideas? and if so how do we have any ideas how to reconnect them?

A quick side question too. Where is the 3.5mm jack for AUX? Lol.

Well a good place to start is always to go to the source? id first pull the head unit out and simply see if the fronts and tweeter have been disconnected and if that looks all good then try the other end at the speakers? if that doesn’t solve your problems then it may be possible that those channels on the head unit are head :( could always get it tested but if it's been a police car it could be as simple as they’ve been disconnected although I’m not sure as to why??

Is your SX6 an updated Aurion? if not then its a dead easy answer.. There isn’t one lol. However if you do a quick search there is a link that can help you install one into tour Aurion fairly easily and its pretty cheap too :)

It is funny you should say that. Last night i was thinking the same thing, im not sure tho if that would be covered by WTY? Im told the front speakers are disconnected for the purpose of putting the police radio though them - not sure how true that is.

But if that is true, would that still be covered under WTY given they were intentionally disconnected?

Thanks guy!

Dale

Anything that is not working properly is covered under warranty within the warranty period. If they the dealer does charge you money then you can ring up toyota themselves and complain. Or you can go to another dealer and try.

It is funny you should say that. Last night i was thinking the same thing, im not sure tho if that would be covered by WTY? Im told the front speakers are disconnected for the purpose of putting the police radio though them - not sure how true that is.

But if that is true, would that still be covered under WTY given they were intentionally disconnected?

Thanks guy!

Dale

Unless the dealer can prove they were intentionally disconnected, which they won't bother or probably won't know or care. They will fix it under warranty.