Mike's Aurion.

Kenpo

what's with driving with no shoes anw? Isn't it a matter of preference? Any logical reason why it shouldn't be allowed?

I have no idea why it isn't allowed. I just know it's not.

You've made me curious though.. next time I see a Police Officer, I'll be sure to ask them.

what's with driving with no shoes anw? Isn't it a matter of preference? Any logical reason why it shouldn't be allowed?

You've made me curious though.. next time I see a Police Officer, I'll be sure to ask them.

This was discussed to a great extent on the automotive section on the whirlpool forums. Try and search for that thread. It has a lot of info.

This was discussed to a great extent on the automotive section on the whirlpool forums. Try and search for that thread. It has a lot of info.

Is this the thread you speak of?

Well someone says that it is illegal, but everyone does it. Everyone else just gives their personal opinion...

Is this the thread you speak of?

Well someone says that it is illegal, but everyone does it. Everyone else just gives their personal opinion...

Nah man this one http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1205813

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news mike. I just saw now, good to see your still in the game and modding though. Hope you get it sorted out and your kit on.

Yea, as soon as I get the money for it..

brother mike; did you end up getting that vinyl done?

Not yet man, trying to get this car and mine sorted out for now. Plus, the guy just went to Sydney. I'll be asking him in a couple weeks to do it.

• 1 month later...

Damn that is hot, I wanna get mine like that, and +1 for the shaved reflectors, I photoshopped my car a while back with it done, I think it will look pimp, just not sure about the legalities of it though

168679_498535871233_590926233_6216709_7712766_n.jpg

Just try to imagine it without the spoiler

yep. those reflectors became mandatory after being introduced into Australian vehicle design rules for road safety. As a result if you remove them it's a defect (and one not easily remedied).

If the jobs done well I don't really see how you would get pinged for it unless they were looking for it. Insurance assessors know all about these mods and would love to use it to void a claim.

Are we allowed to have no reflectors on the rear bar?

I spoke to my panel beater about it, and he recommended not to... and so did all my mates.

I spoke to Vicroads a while ago regarding there removal and was told by one of their inspectors that if i was to have NO reflectors in the bar i would have to incorporate some reflectors into the tailights to keep it roadworthy...had a quick look at an Aurion that had be smashed in the azz (rear lights were split open) and it didn't look easy,then again i have no foresight when it comes to these type of mods,i just want it done and done properly.

so it's prolly possilble with some mucking around...i'm still thinking about it :unsure:

EDIT...we could do one bar with reflectors and one without,just swap em over as needed :spiteful:

Haha, if you manage to pick up a spare rear bar that'd be good. But I don't believe it's a risk worth taking. After all, I can't see my rear anyway.

Next up for me is foggies and tinted slimline weather shields..