Yaris stalling ?

Gonaget

I have a new Yaris 1.5 --Manual Sedan 2010, I have had it since the 11/1/11 and I have done just over 1000 Ks I have found that it has stalled about 4 times, (I never stall a car no matter what I drive) at idle it revs at around 700--I was wondering if this was about normal--or should it be a bit higher? OR is it a clutch adjustment. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Edited by Gonaget

...I never stall a car no matter what I drive

Well... not this one.

... at idle it revs at around 700--I was wondering if this was about normal--or should it be a bit higher?

Idling around that RPM is normal. If you find that you are stalling it often, stop focusing on what can be adjusted on the car to reduce this but focus on what you are doing and what you need to do to avoid it. Spend some more time on a slight incline and get used to the clutch point and the ideal throttle you need to get it going etc. From the sounds of it, you can easily rectify this issue. Practice makes perfect.

• 7 months later...

I have a new Yaris 1.5 --Manual Sedan 2010, I have had it since the 11/1/11 and I have done just over 1000 Ks I have found that it has stalled about 4 times, (I never stall a car no matter what I drive) at idle it revs at around 700--I was wondering if this was about normal--or should it be a bit higher? OR is it a clutch adjustment. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

get to used to yaris manual car