First service

Hi guys, going for my first service and was told by Toyota that they do not change the engine oil at 1000kms. They said they could do it if i wanted to. What is that? From what i know, Honda changes the oil on their cars at 1000kms to a Synthetic type. The Toyota manual did not list an engine oil change as a requisite for the 1000km service. Maybe the 2ZZ-GE engine is something special? Did you guys get it changed?

Thanks!

Zee

No oil change on mine. All that was done was a wheel alignment and resurfacing the brakes to get rid of the brake noise while in reverse (noise was still there when i got the car back)

I'm sure the filter picks up anything major in the oil. if you are concerned, do the 5000km service. it is not necessary but if you are concerned you should consider it.

I would recommend to change the oil. I had to pay $60 to change it. the reason for this is because when the engine is being run in, u'll find metal shavings within the oil when the pistons gets embedded agianst the walls . U should change the oil if u don;t wanna have these metal pieces in ur engine for a long time. That is what I was told by mechanics.

That's my input from my limited shallow knowledge. ;)