Fitting a UHF / CB unit to Aurion

davektm

Hiyas,

Just bought a 2010 Aurion Touring Edition , brand new run out model . I am thinking of fitting a UHF CB / Scanner to it , the only place that I may be able to fit it is in the panel above the ashtray / lighter & below the air con controls . I have seen in other threads other parts of console & dash being removed but not this panel . I need to get in and have a look to see if there is enough room to fit the head unit of the UHF CB .

The unit I am looking at is - :

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376&products_id=674

UHF CB is going to be used mainly for fun , chatting car to car & listening to emergency services , police , ambo's , SES & fire brigade .

This is my first new car & I am treating it with baby gloves (don't want to grab panel & rip it in half), don't really know if this panel just pops out or if I need to remove the surround etc first . If anyone has removed this panel before please reply , or if anyone has fitted a CB to their sedan , ANY info on where they fitted it and what aerial they used etc , any tips / information would be much appreciated .

Regards ... Dave

Hi Mate welcome to the forum. If you follow the first part of this thread it shows how to remove the centre consule which also removes the panel you are talking about.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16676&st=0&p=253393&hl=+remove%20+head%20+unit&fromsearch=1entry253393

Its not very hard and only takes a minute with no tools needed.

Cheers

Peter

I met a guy during the annual meet last year, had a CB in his car connected to his speakers If I'm not mistaken.

He has a red Aurion, big bars at the front. Forgot his plate no, but definitely some1 in here.

I met a guy during the annual meet last year, had a CB in his car connected to his speakers If I'm not mistaken.

He has a red Aurion, big bars at the front. Forgot his plate no, but definitely some1 in here.

That was Nathan (FI76RE). He has a bit of kit in that car being a rural firefighter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiyas,

Just bought a 2010 Aurion Touring Edition , brand new run out model . I am thinking of fitting a UHF CB / Scanner to it , the only place that I may be able to fit it is in the panel above the ashtray / lighter & below the air con controls . I have seen in other threads other parts of console & dash being removed but not this panel . I need to get in and have a look to see if there is enough room to fit the head unit of the UHF CB .

The unit I am looking at is - :

http://www.prestigecom.net.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376&products_id=674

UHF CB is going to be used mainly for fun , chatting car to car & listening to emergency services , police , ambo's , SES & fire brigade .

This is my first new car & I am treating it with baby gloves (don't want to grab panel & rip it in half), don't really know if this panel just pops out or if I need to remove the surround etc first . If anyone has removed this panel before please reply , or if anyone has fitted a CB to their sedan , ANY info on where they fitted it and what aerial they used etc , any tips / information would be much appreciated .

Regards ... Dave

Hi I have a two way radio fitted between the steering coloum and the the centre console on the underside of the dash, mike is just above.