looking at spark plugs

looking at spark plugs and hear ngk are good.

interesting that when i looked at the import being fielder/runx the "recommended" part is the same as the 1zz. error?

Edited by kcorro

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus,

Not sure about the mis-match with that particular brand and why they havent put potentially the right one against the stivo

but i can confirm that the sportivo does require iridium spark plugs

cheers

Bill

i took a look at the factory plugs and found they are nippon denso

standard $7.30 each from toyota

denso iridium have 0.4mm center electrode

ngk iridium have 0.6mm

Edited by kcorro

looking at spark plugs and hear ngk are good.

i search their catalogue and find for 1zz the "recommended" part is BKR5EYA-11

this is recommended for the 1zz however there is the iridium "option" of BKR5eIX-11

then i looked at the plug for 2zz and found the "recommended" part is IFR6T11 however there was no mention of iridium.

does anyone know is that is right? there is no iridium option for 2zz by ngk? or is that part standard with iridium but i think if it was it would have IX in the code.

interesting that when i looked at the import being fielder/runx the "recommended" part is the same as the 1zz. error?

Marcus,

There is no code for the iridiumIX NGK plugs for the corolla........THERE IS however for the corolla allex ;) so go to the website and look in the import section

Spark Plug Part No.

Recommended Plug IFR6A11

Iridium Option BKR6EIX-11

I have the iridiumIX plugs in my car and they feel smoother than the stock iridium plugs :D

Cheers

Craig

think i will go with this being nippon product, keeping it factory, colder, smaller electrode and cheaper.

Edited by kcorro

look at the section "selecting for heat". for high-rev they suggest a high heat value number and have contrasted against ngk.

Edited by kcorro

you should be able to get the plugs from toyota for between $15-17ea if you shop around.

They had a price drop on their plugs about 6 months ago.

BOSCH super 4 if you demands hi performance spark plugs. Change every 10000km but. I swear the responsiveness is so obvious when I use them, the car feels lighter man. I don't know if they have one for Corolla, at that time I borrowed my friend's from his EK4 civic.

Edited by Danz

The difference that I have felt with the standard Denso Iridium plugs in the 2zz and the replacement NGK Iridium IX.................... | | about that much

The ignition seems cleaner but thats about it! Then again that could come down to the fact that the old plugs had done 40,000 Kms

for the $20/each plug ($80) I wouldnt change unless you had to B)

• 2 months later...

Pulled the spark plugs out from my Stivo to take a look yesterday and yes they are NGK Iridium spark plugs. I had bought a set of Denso ones but now that I realise the current ones are Iridium (in good condition as well), no sense in me putting in the new ones anymore.

Oh well, we live and learn...

Pulled the spark plugs out from my Stivo to take a look yesterday and yes they are NGK Iridium spark plugs. I had bought a set of Denso ones but now that I realise the current ones are Iridium (in good condition as well), no sense in me putting in the new ones anymore.

Oh well, we live and learn...

take them back and buy something else dude. maybe some lube or something for preparation for dyno day.

Most Iridium spark plugs are meant to last 100k. Ive been looking for new ones too, only NGK and Denso ones are available....oh and TRD. Dont know why but Bosch dont make the super 4 for the corolla.

Cheapest ive found the NGK's are at Supercheap $19 and Densos are about $16 castle hill toyota.

still deciding which one to get. :unsure:

Most Iridium spark plugs are meant to last 100k. Ive been looking for new ones too, only NGK and Denso ones are available....oh and TRD. Dont know why but Bosch dont make the super 4 for the corolla.

Cheapest ive found the NGK's are at Supercheap $19 and Densos are about $16 castle hill toyota.

still deciding which one to get.  :unsure:

If you want, you can have my Denso ones for $15 each. Brand new. PM me if you are interested.

i was surprised to find in the 1zzfe the original plugs are ngk when denso is the oem. maybe this is a south africa thing that they are fitted with ngk and not denso.

someone buy the plugs from egene! if you look at the fact sheets densos iridium outperform ngk and trd is denso.

Edited by kcorro