Winton Raceway 2011

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh guys, i forgot to share, I also took a few photo's on the day, silly me

Good to see Winton making the effort for some entertaiment between the races, these guys put on a good show

redwiggle.jpg

And even Elmo, he's so cuddly

elmorc.jpg

They had TV's there, and guess what was on?

redtelletubbie.jpg

Was also good seeing this come into dock *salutes*

hmasbenji.jpg

Hahaha you crazy mofo i love it :lol:...i've got one good one of Trung i've been saving,i should give it to you so you can play some more :lol:

some real race day pics have been added to page 1

After watching you go around Duy, im interested to see what your tires look like at the end of the day?

havent had a chance to take photos yet... will do them tomorrow lol... should take a before and after shot of the brand new tyre :P

the others are actually still road worthy... just :lol:

Hahaha....

great stuff mate! you guys are having way too much fun without me .....

where were allllllllllllll of you when I was there (winton) ???

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Hey Lee, any photo's of my drift? If it's in sequence I'll try and make a .gif out of it lol

sorry mate no drift pics....found this one of the red wiggle :P

2mfzqds.jpg

and i'm not responsible for what Dale does to this pic... :lol:

:clap:

nice. Pete captured our colourful rims in action. Looks so good all of us cruising around together :lol:

yeah thats my favourite one. see all the colours plus i got to see how my car body rolls on corners <_<. next time charge that damn battery up john and get a spare off ebay... i'll even BUY U one if u get lazy :lol:

Hahaha....

great stuff mate! you guys are having way too much fun without me .....

where were allllllllllllll of you when I was there (winton) ???

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

i was there guan, watching your every move and studying so that i could beat you with no coils and no camber. Ggg.gif LOL jks :P

4th session rear mounted camera

benji could not wait so went off without me :(

tried to out brake that damn evo... he didn't spin out he just purposely went straight as to not risk smashing into me. but i slowed down way before the turn just so he knew lol. fun times :P

ep3 catching up. he was fast... VTEC JUST KICKED IN YOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hehe, I felt that I'd warmed up enough and figured I may as well go for it and try to stick with the red beast I let through at the start of that lap. Stuck with him the whole session til I ran out of fuel whistling.gif

OK. my turn to bitch. :P

first of all, i wanna give two thumbs up to dorifto who organised our group as it was on the day. it was fantastic to know that all the people in our group knew each other so we felt safe driving with each other to allow some battles to happen ;) after this track day i felt more that he is what an organiser should be: responsible punctual and a crack up :P good on ya mate! :) as of now i am very happy with what i got and i'm officially "SEMI-RETIRED" :lol: be sure that next time, i'll be back either on the tampered or the exe-crew track day later on in the year and with new mods to boot.

congrats to all the people who earned their PBs. i hope every mod that was done for their cars was worth the money. some people came in improve their skills with no new mods. some did a hell of a lot to their cars. regardless, everyone went well and the day progressed smoothly without any major hassles.

Now on to my personal experience...

This is the second time i've been to winton. Weather was absolutely fantastic. Early morning the sun greeting our cars with its glorious shine (check 1stkills first picture above). Parked our cars and i started to unpack my stuff. While i was busy doing stuff Whitney (camera girl) was taking ninja shots of me prepping my car. Looked around and found that no one was prepping their cars with me. After so long, i realised that they were at the office getting paper work done so i quickly raced (on foot) there and got my bands and paper work done. Like the first time, my car was the first at the scrutineering bay. Wazza checked out my car for 10 seconds and said OK, chucked the flouro green sticker on my car and number 47. :clap:

this time around these were the new mods on my car.

1 inch wider rims

energy suspension mount inserts with custom washers

varex muffler

brand new federal tyre on the front left to be abused :lol:

-1.5mm toe out with 0.0 camber

xtreme clutch + lightened flyewheel

32 psi warm in the front and 30psi at the rear

Group A called.. Group B called... Then time for us to go. Group C (winton time attack group). Johnnieboi flagged me to go first so i went. I was behind the EG civic and dorifto. The feeling of peak adrenaline came to me as the first time as i rolled up to the entrance. Car was cold so revved conservatively at 5000 rpm. did a bit of steering to warm up the tyres. relearning the track i improved my lines abit so i could go a bit faster. i also took advantage of the weather because it wasn't that hot during that time. dorifto hunting the EG on the warm up lap. the EG spun out as tyres weren't heated up enough. Dorifto passed him and i followed, EG cut in front of me to get back on the track -_- i let him go and the final turn before the long straight on the 3rd lap, EG spun out... :lol:

4th lap, Daniel in the Clio sport passed and i tried to catch him. I did catch up to him but he was too quick around the corners and left me for dust :( (video fastest lap above) This is the lap i also got my new personal best in. ;)

i cant rememeber who told me i got 1.51 in the first session but whoever it was i thought he was bullshitting i walked casually up to the tv and saw it... my name... 1.51. walked out with all smiles.

2nd time i took Whitney and while she felt a bit queesy after, she ended up all cool. ;) i also ended up taking the left foggy out for more direct air flow and ended up with a hole in the under guard because of all the wind pushing it back against the rolling tyre which literally melted a hole in there...

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

we ended up using 3 cable ties in there to hold it forward. at this time its a win win win situation as i got direct cold air in front and behind the cold air intake plus the extra wind cooling down the brakes and the tyre! Ggg.gif

best time 1:53

Hehe cheers. Definitely helped with my consistency trying to chase you down :) If only I had better handling I would've been even more competitive....ah well, a good base time to work off and see how the improvements will change her :D

3rd time i tried with the camera mounted in the rear window for extra view of what was going on around in the car with the shifts and handling of the wheel. one part i almost lost it at this point...

but with quick correction prevented me from spinning out and hitting lee in the supercharged ae92. Now when i review the video, it looked very scary. During the time when i was driving, it went and passed like the wind lol... best time and NEW PB 1:51.1160 (natsoft said i got this one on the 21st lap so it must have been this session)

4th and final run i took camera girl again. :P This one the day was hot and tyres had enough, alot of going off the track including this one here...

best time 1.53

after this session, i was considering another final run. but looking at my tyres... they have had enough. my one looked very similar to this one here on the clio...

HA2P8409.jpg

...so i finally decided to end my day here.

My tip to all you guys out there: don't rely on your mods too much and dont change settings (esp coils on your car) too much! just becuz u have coilovers and stiff settings and camber, doesn't mean you're gonna rip it up on the track! each time you change your settings, YOU WILL have to learn how the car handles again. even with only 1 inch more diameter for my rims, the -1.5mm toe out and the lower psi, my car behaved very differently compared to the last time i was there. was more prone to over steer as i remembered i had to steer a lot more last time due to the higher tyre pressure and stock 6 inch rims. learn with what you got and improve on your racing lines. that is the key to save you from spinning out and smacking your car. it will also help you on the public roads when u need your skills most.

Kenshin out :)

Semi-retired eh? Sif :spiteful:

Btw.. i told you about your 1.51 PB.. because i was tripping out about whether i really did get 1.55 or not and saw yours i was like 'Oh damn!'. lol

If only i recorded my oversteer/180 spinout/25mtr grass drift slide and ensuing profanity. :P