Winton Raceway 2011

Awesome organiser, awesome weather, awesome day! Thanks Trung :toast:

I learnt so much that day on top of what I already knew.. Just terrific! :D It's a good place to learn how your car handles but also at the same time learn what your capabilities as a driver are! Obviously you have to be careful of other drivers and just use common sense. :)

Duy just grabbed the HD vids Winnie took on my DSLR; there's a few good clips of cars going through the final S-bend & straight, and one of cars lining up ready to go out. The vids are so clear!

First time to Winton so I did not know what to expect. Also, haven't really been driving this car much recently so I was afraid I've forgotten how she handled! :D

1st Session - 2:07.5760

2nd Session - 1:59.028

3rd Session - No PB, session was cut short due to accident

4th Session - 1:55.712

Understeer due to tyre pressures was a major issue. It was not only until the 4th session that I tried dropped the fronts down to 32psi cold and kept the rears 34psi cold (advice from Trung); this helped dramatically. Also in the last session, I took Trung around for 4 laps and he was telling me which areas I could improve (more like screaming "gas that mfker!" :lol: ); dropped him off in the pits and headed back out. In the next 3 laps, I managed to cut my PB down to 1:55.712! Unfortunately the session ended before I could cut it down even more. It was getting late so we all agreed to call it quits and starting packing up/putting parts back into our cars.

I'll post up photos Winnie took once I get a chance to look through them and select the good ones. My HD vids are to be uploaded by Duy, wait patiently because they're MASSIVE! Haha

Peter.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Trung told me off for using one hand; so I forced myself to use two hands in the last session.. Found it very awkward..as I've always driven like that for the past 8 years. :(

After you dropped me of at the pits, I saw you nail a 1.56.380 and thought "CHEYEAH BOY! Go Hard!" Little did I know you were to going to dip into the '55's! Drive with two hands, get more control and you'll nail 54 without a doubt? Don't believe me? Give me your keys...

..haha jokes

Edited by dorifto

After you dropped me of at the pits, I saw you nail a 1.56.380 and thought "CHEYEAH BOY! Go Hard!" Little did I know you were to going to dip into the '55's! Drive with two hands, get more control and you'll nail 54 without a doubt? Don't believe me? Give me your keys...

..haha jokes

haha trung have u watched initial D 4th stage? peter is the next "god's hand" BAHAHAHAHHAHA

RESULTS HERE!

Looks like you all had a great time! :D The pictures look awesome - haven't had the opportunity to check out any of the video's yet. And what gorgeous weather, the footy was perfect too :lol: (Go Bombers!) Top stuff on all your results too :clap:

Final S-bend mania!!!

i love the evo's whoosh whoosh haha :P

Bahahaha....I love how I've been captured in an overtaking move tongue.gif Great filming :D

Final S-bend mania!!!

i love the evo's whoosh whoosh haha :P

Bahahaha....I love how I've been captured in an overtaking move tongue.gif Great filming :D

Winnie took the vids on my DSLR. Good work to her! :toast:

..haha jokes

haha trung have u watched initial D 4th stage? peter is the next "god's hand" BAHAHAHAHHAHA

RESULTS HERE!

Hahaha will try to use two hands, but I did that 1:59 lap one hand and I'm just curious what my lap time would be with the lower tyre pressure and more (mfker) gas'ing like in the last session! :whistling: I reckon I can get into the 54's, just need to be more crazy like you! :P

Also, just realised last night that we (ZREs) bet some commonwhores and a falcon BA around the track! Go 1.8L N/A :toast:

pffft you kids can't retire! New cars, hungry for more - do 5 days at least then call it quits! Dwee, if you go semi's I expect a sub '50! Johnnie, I hope you'll be there to keep him at bay. I owe you a crash-course on how to take on Winton :)

A few photos from Dwee's SLR (Photographer: Whitney Sak)

Morning at the petrol station

IMG_1956.jpg

Such a beautiful morning at the track

IMG_1987.jpg

Argh! my arm! :P

IMG_1960.jpg

Parking our cars in the bays

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

Garage Bay Shots

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

Lining up...

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

Fuel Comsumption Shot...

IMG_2068.jpg

Final S-bend Still shots

The notorious S-bend

IMG_2031.jpg

GO THE EVO!!!

IMG_2035.jpg

Renault Clio Sport with Mr. Green following close behind

IMG_2036.jpg

ALROIGHT MISTER 1:55... Pif.gif

IMG_2037.jpg

More Final S-bend shots

EP3

IMG_2041.jpg

B16 Civic vs Rob's 4AGZE seca

IMG_2042.jpg

Mr. Orange (rims look so hot) look at the sliding action on casey's car as he enters the S-bend chasing Dorifto! :clap:

IMG_2043.jpg

Pete's AE82 hunting Dorifto

IMG_2044.jpg

MRRUNX's Sportivo

IMG_2045.jpg

ALROIGHT MISTER 1:43 Ggg.gif

IMG_2047.jpg

even the EVO cannot escape the body roll devil... :lol:

Hear my whining bitch? :D

IMG_2049.jpg

Well done MR2 :clap:

IMG_2051.jpg

COME ON DWEE!!! Clio's catching upppp!!!

IMG_2050.jpg

Even more Final S-bend shots

Soloing because

IMG_2052.jpg

Daniel left me in the dust...Sob.gifSigh.gif

IMG_2057.jpg

that was just before...

OH NO... OH NO!!!

IMG_2058.jpg

Damn...

IMG_2059.jpg

He could still drive home which was good. hope all is sorted out for u buddy...

Thats all the pictures. Apologies if i missed out on anyone!