Willowbank Test n Tune

Guys,

I want to go to willowbank and see how slow the GT4 is, and concidering it has been freezing lately, now would be a good time to do it.

Who wants to come along?

$40 to for as many runs as you can do (also includes one spectator entry)

You need;

Aust. Standard helmet

Long sleeve shirt

Long pants

Enclosed shoes + socks

http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/events/detail.aspx?EventGroupID=45

do it.

Count me in. Lucky you chose next week because I just filled up and am not driving anywhere anytime soon.

Of all the times my car decides to throw a CEL because a knock sensor is being a baby.

FML.

I'm tempted however I don't have a helmet (unless DJKOR wants to run my car down the strip).

I'm more interested in the time it can get with the few mods I've done than anything else, although the tyres are likely to let it down some on the launch.

I have no helmet, and its State of Origin night lol.

perfect time man. All the bogans are at home watching smashy-smashy!

Not necessarily. Was quiet a couple of years back... then they started to pick up on it as well.

Anyone know of a place that sells cheap helmets?

You should see if these guys will let you pick up instead of post:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AS-NZS-1698-OPEN-FACE-HELMET-LARGE-WHITE-/130466345940?pt=AU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media&hash=item1e606673d4

Would also be good if you get yourself a helmet cause you can take it when you go go-karting instead of borrowing one.

You should see if these guys will let you pick up instead of post:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AS-NZS-1698-OPEN-FACE-HELMET-LARGE-WHITE-/130466345940?pt=AU_Clothing_Merchandise_Media&hash=item1e606673d4

Would also be good if you get yourself a helmet cause you can take it when you go go-karting instead of borrowing one.

Thanks Daryl. Have messaged them, fingers crossed.

Haven't got the funds for a helmet right now so I'm getting Daryl in the Driver's seat. Tis a shame but I'm more interested in the time than anything

cant come any more.. a mate needs my help..

i'll be going on saturday night if anyone wants to come with me though... :)

steven, you're more than welcome to borrow my helmet for tomorrow night... i'll be around town tonight if you can meet up..

steven, you're more than welcome to borrow my helmet for tomorrow night... i'll be around town tonight if you can meet up..

Steve.... I reckon you should take up that offer. Not that I don't want to drive your car, but it means you can then give it a run yourself.

Got a 2nd hand helmet from a friend today, he's had it sitting in his garage for a few years. It's a Shoei and meets the requirements so huzzah! Picked up the HSV tonight so I'm ready to rock and roll.

Nervous as all hell though. Oh well, if I make any errors people are going to be like 'Ha! That TDN80 can't drive for shiza!' :toast:

Got a 2nd hand helmet from a friend today, he's had it sitting in his garage for a few years. It's a Shoei and meets the requirements so huzzah! Picked up the HSV tonight so I'm ready to rock and roll.

Nervous as all hell though. Oh well, if I make any errors people are going to be like 'Ha! That TDN80 can't drive for shiza!' :toast:

Speak for yourself, if I screw up the whole club comes down with me!

Getting a little nervous...

When staging, I only have to get the first light on the christmas tree to go on, right? Or is it compulsory to deep-stage and have the 2nd light go on as well?

Getting a little nervous...

When staging, I only have to get the first light on the christmas tree to go on, right? Or is it compulsory to deep-stage and have the 2nd light go on as well?

The countdown doesn't start until both parties have both staging lights lit.

di-1113063306196.jpg

Very impressive. Always thought a mates 13.7@103 in a fairly worked 1966 XR Falcon GT (351cid) was a good run. That car always felt quick.

It's amazing how far engine technology has come in twenty years.