Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

Ive got 17's and i can fit one finger in between the guards and my tyres. I also have spacers and i need to stretch my tyres more because it scrubs when ive got passengers in the rear!! hahaha.. Im tempted to just drop the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit out of it.. hahahaha!! Im proud to say, ive got a lil bit of STANCE!! hahaha COIL OVERS FTW!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

really up to u, coilover not cheap, and you won't feel comfortable after installing it. I cannot eat too full now coze the pod hole will throw my food out of my stomach

For me tracking, it is a must, but I am very lazy to lower it before racing and readjust to normal height after racing..don't bother

Also, if you are too low and you are going for a long trip with full load of passengers, you are pretty inconvenient.

Your passenger, depends on weight, will drop your car even more...I do often carry 3 passengers to travel around, so cannot be too low

Edited by ben yip

I'll see what the guys at pedders recommend for now and will re-adjust it to balance out comfort and height/lowness. I really do want low..

@GTL05T: did you go 1 finger initially when you first got them? or did you set them slightly higher and let them settle/sag?

Lets fill this page with jibber jabber and save page 9 for your awesome pics full of lows :spiteful:

Coils won't be bone jarring at all, mine are still untouched on med setting.. The ride is almost the same as when I had springs and they were reset lower and still felt comfy, you'll be right.You'll lose sleep tonight with concern and excitement but once you drive out from Pedders tomorrow you'll be beside yourself..

If that doesn't happen i'll eat my words B)

You never see the bottom of your front lip anyway, it's inevitable that its gonna get scratched even at normal height. Coilovers > lower it abit > 2 months pass and you will want to go lower anyway :P

truth

got super low springs and when i first got it i thought it was epic low

eventually, i wanted to go lower

got coils had it slapped and wheels tucked into the fender, thought it was too low

raised it so i could just fit my finger in the gaps and i was happy

then wanted low

so it slowly went lower

about 6 ride adjustments later, 2 defects, 2 camber adjustments and 2 wheel alignments it is now sitting how it is today

low

really up to u, coilover not cheap, and you won't feel comfortable after installing it. I cannot eat too full now coze the pod hole will throw my food out of my stomach

For me tracking, it is a must, but I am very lazy to lower it before racing and readjust to normal height after racing..don't bother

Also, if you are too low and you are going for a long trip with full load of passengers, you are pretty inconvenient.

Your passenger, depends on weight, will drop your car even more...I do often carry 3 passengers to travel around, so cannot be too low

not true. people who ride in my car think its a lot comfortable than it looks at that height

coilovers are designed to be stiff yes, but wont drop your car as low as springs would with load. If ever concerned, play around with your spring rates and get custom spring rates for a stiffer ride. With a full tank and 2 people in the back my rear dropped about 2mm which for me is 2mm just enough to be driveable. 1 more extra person it would look like id be rippin skidz in a fwd car. haha

if i rock up to a meet and your there, see for yourself!

lol priv# - your ride height IS baller and mad low, but I don't think I could ever handle that ride height (nor could my GF). Dw, I will be going low ;)

And hellz yeah I would love to see your ride in the flesh/metal.

Lol bro I already dropped her off a few mins ago. ;)

Had to take up the offer to return my springs for full refund and take that cost off the coilovers ;) 1190+700(cost of my springs)=1890$ awesome customer service and satisfaction. If you gonna do it, I recommend Pedders Brunswick.

lol priv# - your ride height IS baller and mad low, but I don't think I could ever handle that ride height (nor could my GF). Dw, I will be going low ;)

And hellz yeah I would love to see your ride in the flesh/metal.

haha all good brah!

cant wait to see it man!

Eagerly waits for pics of slammed ride ********************8

@priv#: took some photos but ***** lighting in the apartment carpark so hope to take sone pics in better lighting soon. Damn I need a dslr.

@vs0p: lol pics are s**t quality because of 1) bad lighting as mentioned above and 2) no dslr :(

As I mentioned, if u gonna get Pedders, recommend u go Brunswick. I told the store manager that ur interested and he said that if u mention I referred u, he will look after u ;) just ask for Marc, and mention Hieu sent ya ;)

Edit: pic here anyways -

imageaqtv.jpg

Initial height setting. Might drop bit more in a week or so but I'm now happy with overall height. Rears were p!ssin' me off on springs.

Sits pretty nicely as it is now.

Good thing about coilovers is you can play around with the height to get a nice compromise between looks and driveability (not scraping on everything). Or simply adjust the height for the situation.

Yup my initial thoughts exactly. The initial setting sits pretty much even all away around on all 4 corners. The springs will probably settle and sag a bit more over a few weeks so will drive at this height for a week or Teo before I decide whether to slam her a bit more.

More decent photos will come later when I can find decent lighting or I may leave photos for tomorrow during the day.

Haha thanks Juvie. I am so glad the guys at Pedders Brunswick took care of me. I tried taking some more shots in my carpark in different locations but still want daytime or at least better lighting. Let's see how the ride height settles over the next few weeks :)

And yes now that I've gone coilovers, NEVER going back to lowered springs.