Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

Rear badge looks mint mate! Great work! Im not sure about you, but I'm trying to imagine that chrome strip in a different colour, maybe red, blue, black. But then again, I don't know how expensive the chrome strip was.

way ahead of you mate ;) *eyes the black matte spray can*

Try out some different colours, The main reason I said blue is because it would match with the number plate. Its all up to you though. These are just my thoughts. I love your car though dude. My favourite thread at the moment.

Rear badge looks mint mate! Great work! Im not sure about you, but I'm trying to imagine that chrome strip in a different colour, maybe red, blue, black. But then again, I don't know how expensive the chrome strip was.

Try out some different colours, The main reason I said blue is because it would match with the number plate. Its all up to you though. These are just my thoughts. I love your car though dude. My favourite thread at the moment.

lol i wanna stick with black cos i wanna keep stealth - gonna keep the chrome on before spraying though so it'll have a gloss black look rather than matte black for the trim. and i intend on getting custom plates (in black with grey characters) later on next year :)

lol thanks for the compliments - however there are way "hotter" zre's than mine in this forum.

go to your local automative paint store and get them to mix up the colour of your car. Use your spare primer to prime, colour code the chrome for a clean look B). Then clear coat it, while you're there, clear coat the badge as well?

Thats my next part to paint as aswell probably gloss black for me :P

go to your local automative paint store and get them to mix up the colour of your car. Use your spare primer to prime, colour code the chrome for a clean look B). Then clear coat it, while you're there, clear coat the badge as well?

Thanks for the advice mate. Didn't wanna clearcoat the badge cos i wanted to keep it flat/matte black - to me its more stealthy than glossy black. But yeah with the chrome trim strip I may look at getting them to mix up the colour of my car for me in a can and clearcoat that when I'm done.

Thats my next part to paint as aswell probably gloss black for me :P

haha do it mate! gloss black!

so i wasnt completely happy with my first attempt at the rear badge paintjob (although it wasn't too bad)... so attempt two i just did a few coats of matte black, sanding lightly in between coats, then took advice of pezzie, branno and arc and clear coated... and the end result:

attempt2glossblackrear.jpg

looks pretty damn shmick if i do say so myself. now i just gotta buy some double sided emblem adhesive tape and remove the first botched badge I did from my car and put this one on..

still gotta get some paint for my chrome trunk trim and do that one too. def gonna clear coat that one too.

lol wanga.... YOU JELLY? :rolleyes:

and it looks lke jelly due to the lighting, it's not squishy in real life :P

lol not jelly but hungry! imagine if they were made of asian grass jelly and floating inside taro milk tea or something haha. :D

lol wanga.... YOU JELLY? :rolleyes:

and it looks lke jelly due to the lighting, it's not squishy in real life :P

lol not jelly but hungry! imagine if they were made of asian grass jelly and floating inside taro milk tea or something haha. :D

i would be replacing my badge every week - especially if i'm driving around glen waverly/richmond area.

finally got around to take off the first attempt at the black badge and installed the gloss one - pics below..... (appologies for the crap lighting - was at night in the apartment carpark)

img0981an.jpg

img0984g.jpg

img0986c.jpg

lol mate, the mod-bug bit me a fair while ago...

shark fin is gonna take a while to get here - they estimate a 2-3 week lead time??? (but say they gonna try to get it sorted out quicker).. then 6-10 business days to arrive here from BC, Canada.. Paid for insured and expedited shipping.

might actually get around to painting that chrome boot trim smoked black (suggestion from corza - thanks mate) before the shark fin actually gets here.

shark fin is gonna take a while to get here - they estimate a 2-3 week lead time??? (but say they gonna try to get it sorted out quicker).. then 6-10 business days to arrive here from BC, Canada.. Paid for insured and expedited shipping.

might actually get around to painting that chrome boot trim smoked black (suggestion from corza - thanks mate) before the shark fin actually gets here.

lols, i lost my mod bug,

let me know how you go with that chrome trim, i wanna paint my chrome trims black as well, or was thinking of vinyl wrapping it :g:

No worries, can't wait to see how it looks. What is this shark fin you speak of? Just an antenna like M3's have?