Aggressive Street Tyre Options

Well overdue for a new set of tyres. 215/45/r17

They will probably see a few trackdays and I'm a student so I'm price conscience!

Tyres Im currently considering.

Kumho KU36 Treadwear 180

Federal RS-R Treadwear 140

Bridgestone Re001 Treadwear 220

It seems like if I want that extra grip on the track I sacrifice some treadwear and some wet grip. But I think I'm willing to accept that.

Any feedback/experiences with any tyres that fit in this catergory would be appreciated!

Best all rounder is RE001. You won't be tracking every single day so consider that. The RE001 will probably have the best grip in wet, it's also more durable and it's quieter.

you could pick up a bargain if u going for the re001 since they are phasing out and will be replace by the re002.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I know how good the re001 as I've driven them before.

To the guys with ku36 how noisy are they, I've heard different things about the noise levels.

Currently leaning more towards the ku36. They're cheaper, have more grip and asymmetrical.

In reference to the KU36s being noisy, if the Potenza GIIIs are anything to go by (they were the predecessor to the RE001s) then the RE001s aren't exactly going to be quiet either. The KU36s that we've got on the JZZ30 aren't overtly loud either, but then again that car does have a fair bit of soundproofing :P

whats everyone's opinions on re001 vs proxes r1r ???

Not used the r1r, but the RE001 aren't exactly a performance tyre, they are a street tyre that is good value for money and you'll see 40k out of them. Don't confuse the RE001 with the RE11/RE01R. The R1R are more a track tyre, unsure of expected life but won't be as much as the RE001, but they will have more grip than the RE001.

Not used the r1r, but the RE001 aren't exactly a performance tyre, they are a street tyre that is good value for money and you'll see 40k out of them. Don't confuse the RE001 with the RE11/RE01R. The R1R are more a track tyre, unsure of expected life but won't be as much as the RE001, but they will have more grip than the RE001.

ive got r1r's on now the front's are pretty low now. have done about 25-30,000kms plus 3 track days. i was real happy with them just seeing what other options there were...

tbh, im not fussed with the noise...the performance is there though :D

Yeah as long as the noise isnt overwhelming like a droning exhaust, its fine with me :)

i run the KU36, noise is not to back in the sportivo, pretty grippy tire on the track but it needs to be warmed up.

as for street driving and mountain runs are fun with the right camber and toe setting. Over all i like the Ku36 over the re001 but with wet rd who ever said they are good i totally disagree with this.

I use to run Potenza RE050 and they were alot better in the wet.. i guarantee you that..100%

but KU36 are bang for buck !! i got 215/45/17

Proxes r1r is a semi slick and re001 is just a street tyre so it won't be a good comparison

Proxes r1r is a semi slick and re001 is just a street tyre so it won't be a good comparison

The R1R aren't a true semi slick, unless you mean an ultra hard compound. They are in the same league as RE11/RE01R, AD07/AD08, etc; tyres such as RE55S and D03J have huge amount of grip.