What do you think of this console?

I was searching the net and came across this picture (attached). I reckon it looks pretty nice, makes the entire dash console more dark. Thought it was carbon fibre at first but then i don't think it is.

On topic, I like the new look 05 sportivo console better then the 03-04 sportivo consoles. Has that pattern in it making it more "grey" then pure shiny silver.

post-1017-1123579515_thumb.jpg

Looks like it's got bubbles in it are you sure someone hasn't just used sticky (carbon look) vinyl crap that you use to cover books with and covered their console with it.

Nah it's not bubbles, it's just reflection of light that makes it seem like that from the photo :)

I was searching the net and came across this picture (attached). I reckon it looks pretty nice, makes the entire dash console more dark. Thought it was carbon fibre at first but then i don't think it is.

On topic, I like the new look 05 sportivo console better then the 03-04 sportivo consoles. Has that pattern in it making it more "grey" then pure shiny silver.

Nice look, not sure if it would be boring after a while, it does match the entrie interior better though.

I think the current Sportivo facia finish breaks up the dark interior a little.

Thats a dodgy install of those aftermarket modules though.

Edited by mick0082

Nah it's not bubbles, it's just reflection of light that makes it seem like that from the photo

Maybe but........

I still recon it's just contact the hinges and stuff are still silver

Hmmm maybe, but it looks VERY shiny (especially down area the stick). It just looks a little too smooth for it to be contact IMO and i couldn't believe anyone could be farked using contact to do it. I found it a big enough pain in the **** having to do my books when i was at school!

Theres a place in Wooloongabba here in Brisbane that does that but I do not know the name of it (but I will find out).

What they have is a Carbon Fibre look 'sticker' type thing that peels off like the old stickers we used to use on our model cars we'd build as kids, where you leave it sit in a water solution then peel away the backing.

They are then left with this 'carbon fibre' look film on top of the water and then they lower whateever it is they want to coat into the solution.

Apparently they can do it to anything on any type of substance...

Will find out more info and keep you updated