Bad fuel for AURION

vekzla

Are you holding the key on "start" for that entire time? Try just flicking it to "start" and let go of it - the Aurion's ECU should keep trying to start the car for you.

Yes I am holding it on start. So key it over to start and let it go?

The old school ignition is not like our push-button ignition Steve. In the keyed ignition, the starter will only crank when the key is held on start.

Could've sworn it was, but this is thinking back a long time to when I drove the standard sportivos around Mt Cotton so it sounds like my memory's a bit off (may have been the new Commodore or Falcon there that did it).

If a new battery is worth trying, wouldn't it have the same effect (or better) to just try jumper cables first?

Perhaps you could just disconnect your battery and attach another car's battery to your car through jumper cables?

Edited by lasertip

My Mother had an 88 Camry Ultima that did the same thing. We had it checked and nothing found. It still did everything it was supposed to do but start immediately from cold. I tried starting it with a very short crank and then tried again an it started immediately. Go figure. Never changed in the whole time she had it. Just give it a try. Short crank, switch off, then go again and see if it fires up.

Although not something I'm suggesting to try, but if you do end up removing the injectors, I would be curious to know their condition (macro photo).

Here is a near-new one from my spare engine:

6a074028.jpg

Thanks for your input.

I dropped the car yesterday and the manager is handling the case now, hes not willing to give me a credit for the fuel filter job which cost me $245 as the car still struggles to start in the morning. Injectors have passed all their tests.

The battery test came back and its just above normal, they changed the battery and started it however they dont want to tell me the result yet....dry.gif I am still trying to work a credit for the fuel filter job as that did not help one bit.:angry:

According to them, during cold weather the car should take its time starting and its normal for it to act the way it is right now. I am no mechanic but thats a load of BS!, I am so over this car and Toyota mechanics and "toyota techs"..

What happened to the old days where mechanics went out of their way to fix your car. SIGH at fail mechanics....

keepy you posted with the outcome..an other $150 towards this problem.

Thanks for your input.

I dropped the car yesterday and the manager is handling the case now, hes not willing to give me a credit for the fuel filter job which cost me $245 as the car still struggles to start in the morning. Injectors have passed all their tests.

The battery test came back and its just above normal, they changed the battery and started it however they dont want to tell me the result yet....dry.gif I am still trying to work a credit for the fuel filter job as that did not help one bit.:angry:

According to them, during cold weather the car should take its time starting and its normal for it to act the way it is right now. I am no mechanic but thats a load of BS!, I am so over this car and Toyota mechanics and "toyota techs"..

What happened to the old days where mechanics went out of their way to fix your car. SIGH at fail mechanics....

keepy you posted with the outcome..an other $150 towards this problem.

Ok so here is the update.

Fuel filter job was credit back to me and they replaced the battery which cost &180, the problem seems to be fixed so far. Two days starting it with no problem. only if they picked up the battery fault 6 visits ago

Thanks for your input guys

Ok so here is the update.

Fuel filter job was credit back to me and they replaced the battery which cost &180, the problem seems to be fixed so far. Two days starting it with no problem. only if they picked up the battery fault 6 visits ago

Thanks for your input guys

Some good results there :)

• 2 months later...

Thats fantastic, im going to try that with my next service cause my Aurion does exactly the same thing. I have trouble starting from cold but once its been turned on once in the morning the rest of the day is perfectly fine. I have also had the fuel filter changed.

Edited by Rachie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...