Introduction and Head Unit upgrade question

Hi All,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself before rattling off questions :) I'm soon to become the owner of a 2007 base Aurion. Picking it up from a dealer here in Perth hopefully next Wednesday. It's done close to 100,000kms and in fairly good condition and I got it close to $13k. I had it auto inspected and after the dealer had agreed to fix most of the issues I think I had him almost in tears as he is complaining he is not making any money on the car....as if!!!

Anyway so based on the posts I read through last night I think I will be happy with the purchase. The irony here is that I had my heart set on a Honda Accord Euro as I wanted an extremely reliable car and have been buried deep in the Oz Honda forums over the past few months, but it just didn't feel right parting with over $20k for a used one. Change of tact and starting looking for a cheap $10k - $14k car and came across the Aurion...think i've discovered a gem!! Old car is a Toyota as well (94 Camry - this thing is bullet proof but no longer has the look :) ).

Ok so enough of that, also had a quick question for you legends. Straight off the bat I want to upgrade the head unit to something a little more....functional :) Wondering if anyone has the below model?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/07-10-TOYOTA-CAMRY-AURION-CAR-DVD-GPS-BT-player-4G-SD-/220808700826?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336939639a#ht_7342wt_1139

Read a bunch of posts last nite but some were a bit old and unsure if it's the model above as it appears there is different software running on them.

Cheers guys!

Welcome to the forum. Good choice on the Aurion over Accord Euro. The power difference is massive so you won't be disappointed. Most of your questions are answer so check the FAQ thread in the Aurion section.

Hi mate and welcome to the club. As the others have said you wont be disappointed with the Aurion, that head unit looks similar to the one I have and it works really well.

Why not consider eonon?

It's a chinese brand but at least it's branded, has warranty and has newer technology.

I was close to buying the G2216

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/2-Din-Car-GPS-DVD/G2216.html

paired with the faceplate and harness A0529

http://www.eonon.com/Specific-Models-and-Kits/Kits-and-Harness/A0529.html

but I've spent far above 20k to purchase my car and I decided to be a little more frugal and instead did the aux mod which I'm sure that you have seen somewhere below.

Anyway I've had the car for a couple of months and love it. Good choice! 200kw over 140kw anyday.

Eonon don't look too bad, different though as I guess it's not like the OEM look.

Will continue to do some research....Anyone know why EasyDeal636 (his name is George right?) isn't doing any Aurion Head Units at the mom on ebay? I've sent him a question and see what he comes back with.

Will post some pics of the car when I pick it up next week....Champaign Silver

Eonon don't look too bad, different though as I guess it's not like the OEM look.

Will continue to do some research....Anyone know why EasyDeal636 (his name is George right?) isn't doing any Aurion Head Units at the mom on ebay? I've sent him a question and see what he comes back with.

Will post some pics of the car when I pick it up next week....Champaign Silver

I should be seeing George some time tomorrow, and he has already mentioned he has some new units available. Will post back with what I hear in the Headunit discussion thread.