knocking noises

hey guys ,

ever since i got my car ive had this knocking noise coming from the front right side of my car everytime i go over a bump when turning right.

took it to toyota for a service and they discovered that the front sway bar wasnt a stock one but it was a heavy duty whiteline one ?

he told me it didnt fit the car properly and everytime i would go over a bump the underbody would hit into the sway bar.

anyone know if this could be true ? and if theres anyway to keep the sway bar and get rid of the noise .

thanks in advance

there is no whiteline front sway bar made specifically for our sportivo's. the people who have them have fitted the one designed for the zze122 suspension set-up, which is a slightly different design. the sway bars do still fit ok and do what they're designed for (more or less), except for the knocking noise you have described.

there are 2 ways you can solve the problem:

1. replace the whiteline sway bar with the original sway bar, or;

2. retain the whiteline swaybar, but replace the linking arms with shorter ones

edit: 1000TH POST BITCHES!

Edited by lateralus

the front sway from whiteline isnt much difference to the stock zze123 one anyways. thats why they never bothered to make one for our stivos. if i were u just get a stock swaybar to aviod any hassles and ur knocking issue and sell off the whiteline to a zze122 owner...

btw... did u actually look under ur car to see if it is the whiteline sway bar? toyota could be talking a load of bullcrap. FYI, whiteline bar is a grey colour. stock is just black.

what would happen if you didnt do anything about the knocking nosies?

and you just left it?

will soemthing get damaged?

thanks

what would happen if you didnt do anything about the knocking nosies?

and you just left it?

will soemthing get damaged?

thanks

you won't cause damage to the car, but you'll probably just get annoyed at the constant knocking when turning sharply

the front sway from whiteline isnt much difference to the stock zze123 one anyways. thats why they never bothered to make one for our stivos. if i were u just get a stock swaybar to aviod any hassles and ur knocking issue and sell off the whiteline to a zze122 owner...

btw... did u actually look under ur car to see if it is the whiteline sway bar? toyota could be talking a load of bullcrap. FYI, whiteline bar is a grey colour. stock is just black.

yep checked underneath and i saw a grey bar underneath it

would it be hard to take it off and replace it with a stock one?

anyone got a stock front sway bar for sale haha :spiteful:

yep checked underneath and i saw a grey bar underneath it

would it be hard to take it off and replace it with a stock one?

anyone got a stock front sway bar for sale haha :spiteful:

yeah I may have one sitting somewhere haha