Should I recondition my mag wheels?

Lawz

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I currently have rare discontinued 4x100 14x6 Rays Engineering NR-S CE28 38+ mag wheels in (dull) white on my AE112R sedan. Bought 2nd hand 2 years ago from a Honda enthusiast. I would like to recondition/repair them as they haven't had much TLC prior to my ownership or previous owner either. I'd say from the looks they may have been track wheels. They have this hardened brown crap stuck on the inner side of all rims... I've tried scrubbing, using wheel cleaner, etc and still doesn't come off. There is some gutter rash... that's been painted over by the looks of it. Just want to make it all smooth and clean finish.

I would like opinions via the poll or discuss below.

Recommendations of wheel reconditioning places around Brisbane would be good too please.

Thanks heaps.

Pics...

th_IMG_2013Medium-1.jpgth_IMG_0014.jpgth_IMG_0040.jpg

Also if you like can recommend new wheels below too :)

I've been thinking

- 15x6.5 / 15x7 Work Equip 03s

- 15x7 Enkei RPF01

- 16x7 Oz Racing Alleggerita HLT

alleggerita_black_main.jpg

hey Lawz, what do u mean by reconditioning?

as in fixing the gutter rash and giving them a new coat of paint? If so that can be done cheaply... if you want to do it quick and nasty to make them look pretty so u can sell them off to recoup some cash for a new pair - or if u want to hold onto them for a track set / back up set then it can be done properly and still relatively cheaply...

let us know because even tho i did my chevoit mk II's cheap and nasty, i know how to do them properly too thanks to MCM and i'm not too shabby with spray painting these days either ;)

Cheers,

Sorry I didn't explain properly. I've edited first post... to cut to the chase...

They have this hardened brown crap stuck on the inner side of all rims... I'd say well before the previous owner. I've tried scrubbing, using wheel cleaner, etc and still doesn't come off. There is some gutter rash... that's been painted over prior to me owning them by the looks of it. Just want to make it all smooth and fresh and perhaps change to gloss black.

I would prefer they be done professionally as they are genuine Rays Engineerings from all markings. But those of you who have DIY, do you think I give this a go?