New Yaris this year

Gonaget

Toyota's next-generation Yaris is set to arrive in Australia during the final quarter of 2011.

But Australian motorists will not have to wait that long for their first official glimpse.

A pre-production version of new Yaris will be a highlight of the Toyota stand at the Australian International Motor Show in early July.

The new hatch features a completely redesigned exterior and a substantial increase in cabin space.

As the image shows, designers sought a more expressive, Euro-inspired attitude for Yaris – also known in Japan as ‘Vitz’.

The resulting dynamic shape delivers greater on-road presence and suggests more responsive handling.

An agile and sophisticated silhouette was achieved by shaving the roofline by 15mm while lengthening the body by 100mm and the wheelbase by 50mm.

The pay-off is a much roomier cabin, especially for rear-seat occupants.

Clever features include UV-reducing glass in the front-door windows and a single windscreen wiper with an integrated washer nozzle for better cleaning.

Yaris has been a sales success in Australia since its launch in October 2005 when it replaced the Echo (which was known as the first-generation Yaris outside Australia).

Combined Echo and Yaris sales in this country led the light-car segment for six years from 2003 to 2008 and have contributed more than 200,000 of the global total, which now exceeds 3.5 million.

Last year, Yaris sales grew 10.3 per cent to 21,452 units

http://news.toyota.com.au/new-yaris-arrives-in-fourth-quarter

I am not keen on the new shape either--it also worries me that because of the melt down--if they will be safe--re Radiation

you have NOTHING to worry about in regards to radiation... Toyota's main manufacturing plant is in Aichi, Nagoya... over 600kms from Fukushima.

The radiation levels even at fukushima are lower than they were during the crisis.

Besides, I was in japan when it was all going down (tokyo was as far north as I went) and the most radiation I was exposed to was on the flight there/back.

ewwwww. If you realise now, they are incorporating a specific design into the camry, yaris and corolla.

If you have a look at the front and the foglights of the ZRE Sedan and the 2011 camry, you can see they have a specific design which they build off.

Personally I dont like it at all.

justed checked the japanese site, they are on CVT

I doubt whether australian Version has CVT

One wiper for front screen, that is hot

HID head light included

Also, the front grill is more nice, same as new camry, hope to fit that grill into my rolla !!

Edited by ben yip