K&N Air Filter W/fan Acts like little turbo?

I have heard of a new K&N air filter with an unbuilt fan that sorta acts like a little 'turbo'. It's supposed to noticeably improve torque and power. Has any1 actually seen or heard of this product??

I have heard of a new K&N air filter with an unbuilt fan that sorta acts like a little 'turbo'. It's supposed to noticeably improve torque and power. Has any1 actually seen or heard of this product??

Sounds pretty awesome. Would love to see one.

But correct me if i'm wrong, if it forces induction wouldn't it effect the standard fuel map? Therefore, a tune would be required to ensure the AFR's are safe.

Would love to see one.

I believe he is referring to one of these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Electric-Supercharger-Turbo-Power-Intake-System-/260837775512?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cbb249898#ht_5346wt_905

But correct me if i'm wrong, if it forces induction wouldn't it effect the standard fuel map? Therefore, a tune would be required to ensure the AFR's are safe.

Nah mate, it won't affect the fuel MAP at all. The ECU will simply act like it doesn't see it and everything just works.

... Because it really does nothing except make others laugh.

filterknstyle.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend you buy it. It will give you noticeable gains.

You'll be looking at up to 20kw gains on a 2ZZ-GE... seriously :ph34r:

they are really bilge pump, u can go to any marina store and buy them for $50.

they flow at like 100-150cfm, on idle a 1.6l should do aprox 125cfm, so at higher revs it would just get in the way.

might be ok if u like driving between 1-3k rpm?

filterknstyle.jpg

Yeh I think this is what I was being refered to, so it doesn't really help??

Edited by RNN4MK

I would look for an after market product that can cool down the air without causing condensation instead. That should be more useful than a fan.

Maybe invent somthing that uses the aircon partly bypassed into the CAI ?

is it me or did he just stuck a computer fan inside an intake, next thing he's gonna install a bigger heat sink and water cool the piping :lol:

is it me or did he just stuck a computer fan inside an intake, next thing he's gonna install a bigger heat sink and water cool the piping :lol:

Ah but what if you can somehow use L2N to cool the air inside the intake tube? How cold and dense would the air be by the time it reaches the engine? Hehehe...

Edited by P_T

Ah but what if you can somehow use L2N to cool the air inside the intake tube? How cold and dense would the air be by the time it reaches the engine? Hehehe...

You are referring to something that already exists (CO2 is more cost efficient):

CryO2

CryO2 Air Intake

filterknstyle.jpg

Yeh I think this is what I was being refered to, so it doesn't really help??

By the way I'm being sarcastic :rolleyes:

It won't do anything. It's just a marketing gimmick for cheap ****s who don't want to fork out for the real thing B)

If anyone tells you they can feel the difference... it's all in their dense head (placebo effect).

Save your money for something else ;)

You are referring to something that already exists (CO2 is more cost efficient):

CryO2

CryO2 Air Intake

That's pretty cool, I just saw the diagram, looks complicated with a tank of CO2 and everything. I was thinking about something a bit simpler and smaller, without the need to refill for a long time. Like a heatsink filled with L2N around the intake tube.