Help my back wheels don't it flat

Hodgie

Finally got my new sportivo after that stupid merc driver killed my last one. I've put 17x7 on it this time with C Drive 215 45 R17.

Good news is it fits in the spare tire well, but bad news. The back tires don't sit flat on the ground. The tops seem to be angled inward. Took it back to the dealer for 1000 km service and they said to take it to a tire shop to get fixed. Can this be adj on a sportivo?

Also has anyone cut down the foam block after getting 17x7. How Much do you need to cut off? Did you cut the top or the bottom?

Thanks in advance. Please check out my gallery, and if you need a pic to work out whats happening please let me know!!

Finally got my new sportivo after that stupid merc driver killed my last one. I've put 17x7 on it this time with C Drive 215 45 R17. 

Good news is it fits in the spare tire well, but bad news.  The back tires don't sit flat on the ground.  The tops seem to be angled inward.  Took it back to the dealer for 1000 km service and they said to take it to a tire shop to get fixed.  Can this be adj on a sportivo?

Also has anyone cut down the foam block after getting 17x7.  How Much do you need to cut off?  Did you cut the top or the bottom?

Thanks in advance.  Please check out my gallery, and if you need a pic to work out whats happening please let me know!!

pics would be helpful. from wat i can imagine from your descriptions, it sounds like a bit of camber

I'm pretty sure the rears on my (pre-facelift) model have some negative camber (maybe 3/4 or 1 degree) as standard. Not sure if this is adjustable.

If the place did your alignments when they fitted the new wheels and tyres, you should have a printout with the camber and other specs - check what it says on there, or if you don't have one, take it back to the tyre shop like the dealer said...

here's a pic of the black foam block that goes over the spare wheel. I have a full size 17x7 and because it a inch taller (or wider depending on the way you look at it) than the 16 x6 you get standard, the block doen't fit under the cover. See Second pic with cover down poking up. How much should you cut off the foam block.

post-212-1125303589_thumb.jpg

here's a pic of the black foam block that goes over the spare wheel.  I have a full size 17x7 and because it a inch taller (or wider depending on the way you look at it) than the 16 x6 you get standard, the block doen't fit under the cover. See Second pic with cover down poking up.  How much should you cut off the foam block.

I think that it looks like if you remove the foam altogether, it should still be able to close flat and stay up.