Why No Piggy back for the 2GR

Shermanpk

I am interested in finding out why there are no piggy back ECU systems for the 2GR Engine. Is there a reason, theses engines are amazing, to make in excess of 200KW good fuel economy and is super light. plus The Aurion is marketed as a performance family car (like the falcon and commodore).

Any one got any ideas?

There are piggyback ECU's that can be used on the 2GR-FE. eManage and Haltech are a couple. Even stand-alone ECU's can be wired as a piggyback as required. It's not actually a question of why there aren't any, but more of a question of why it's not widely done and documented.

Simple. The Aurion/American V6 Gen 6+ Camry is not in the right market to warrant having a group out there who have gone to the effort and release plug-and-play solutions for it. At the end of the day, it is simply just a family car, not a sports car. Also, the large amount of people who would rather get a plug-and-play solution rather than pioneering a solution is what leads to no development occurring.

If you are after a plug-and-play solution, this is about the closest you will get, but there aren't any promises that it will work with the Australian Aurion:

MWR Plug N Play Adapter - eManage Ultimate - 2006-09 2GR-FE 3.5L

Through Money Wrench racing you can buy the GReddy Emange Ultimate and harness to the 2GR-FE, just nobody has fitted one to the Aurion as of yet that we know of. But hay feel free to pioneer it for us lol

There are piggyback ECU's that can be used on the 2GR-FE. eManage and Haltech are a couple. Even stand-alone ECU's can be wired as a piggyback as required. It's not actually a question of why there aren't any, but more of a question of why it's not widely done and documented.

Simple. The Aurion/American V6 Gen 6+ Camry is not in the right market to warrant having a group out there who have gone to the effort and release plug-and-play solutions for it. At the end of the day, it is simply just a family car, not a sports car. Also, the large amount of people who would rather get a plug-and-play solution rather than pioneering a solution is what leads to no development occurring.

If you are after a plug-and-play solution, this is about the closest you will get, but there aren't any promises that it will work with the Australian Aurion:

MWR Plug N Play Adapter - eManage Ultimate - 2006-09 2GR-FE 3.5L

Damn you Darl lol

It's hard to say whether a piggy back would be worth it. I spoke to chiptorque the other day who mentioned they heard of a TRD down in Melbourne that had installed such an ecu and the gains were minimal.

Even with a few mods such as exhaust and intake (the only 2 mods we can really do anyhow) I think the Aurion is already in a pretty high state of tune

It's hard to say whether a piggy back would be worth it. I spoke to chiptorque the other day who mentioned they heard of a TRD down in Melbourne that had installed such an ecu and the gains were minimal.

Even with a few mods such as exhaust and intake (the only 2 mods we can really do anyhow) I think the Aurion is already in a pretty high state of tune

That said, the ECU ChipTorque deals with is the XEDE Processor. I would imagine that the eManage Ultimate would have a higher level of adjustment that may provide some gains.

That said, the ECU ChipTorque deals with is the XEDE Processor. I would imagine that the eManage Ultimate would have a higher level of adjustment that may provide some gains.

Speaking of e-Manage Ultimate; how intelligent is the 2GR? The Viking (plus multiple tunerrs) have said the e-Manage Ultimate won't allow for optimal tuning if i went to 6psi on my 1mz.

Given the technical advances of the ecu... how restrictive would the emanate be when paired with the 2gr?

The link G4 xtreme and Vipec V88's have been used successfully on the 2GR's, in both NA and supercharged trim. If you had cash to burn you could make a plugin adapter to run either alongside the stock ECU so your dash etc remains fully functional.

Or just rip the 2GR out and put it in something RWD and get rid of the factory ECU completely ;)

Green line is NA, purple line is after the addition of a TRD charger shipped from Aus:

312194_214471231947581_116344258426946_567676_967963148_n.jpg

On this car:

Green line is NA, purple line is after the addition of a TRD charger shipped from Aus:

312194_214471231947581_116344258426946_567676_967963148_n.jpg

Anything where you can fairly compare apples with apples (with and without piggyback on the same engine)?

you will get SFA gains from a traditional piggyback in conjunction with the stock ECU. The stock ECU will learn it's way back to toyota's optimal fuel and ignition trims.

You need to take the stock ECU out of the fuel/ignition/vvt control equation if you want to push the limits.

• Like 1