A nail in my tyre

WUPA

I got a nail in my left back tyre last night when I drove home. The tyre hasn't broke, but when I'm driving, it will make strange sound as the nail touches the ground. And I can feel it in the car.

So can I just take the nail out? Or just leave it in the tyre and drive it to the service centre and ask them to check it?

Thanks a lot.

And BTW, do you guys have any suggestions that which toyota service centre is the best to recommand? Price is not an issue, but I need a comparative good service job.

I'm in Melbourne.

Cheers.

I got a nail in my left back tyre last night when I drove home. The tyre hasn't broke, but when I'm driving, it will make strange sound as the nail touches the ground. And I can feel it in the car.

So can I just take the nail out? Or just leave it in the tyre and drive it to the service centre and ask them to check it?

Thanks a lot.

And BTW, do you guys have any suggestions that which toyota service centre is the best to recommand? Price is not an issue, but I need a comparative good service job.

I'm in Melbourne.

Cheers.

just take it to a tyre shop and have the hole plugged. as long as its not in the side wall it will be fine.

Thanks a lot.

I'm in Melbourne.

Cheers.

just got to a tyre place, cost you about $20 to repair the puncture,

Thanks a lot.

I'm in Melbourne.

Cheers.

You're probably best off taking it to a tyre shop (bob Jane's, tyrepower, etc etc) and get them to fix the puncture. Yes it's a puncture. The only reason why your tyre hasn't gone flat so quickly was because the nail is acting like a plug at the moment. If you pull it out, there'll be nothing plugging the hole and all your air will escape.

Expect to pay up to $30 and it should take 15 to 20 minutes, it is a very simple job to do. Athough as Mick said it's not an issue unless it is in the sidewall, if it is, new tyre time.

Edited by trentmeyer23