help! brother leaked pickled mussel juice on the floor mat and carpet

hey guys. as above. tried to get most of the smell out with first clean warm water and then auto glym interior shampoo. thrn cool water again and a vacuum. got maybe 90% out with hot air blowing from the car heater to help it dry fast.

my concern is that if I need to strip the carpet out of the car to check underneath n give a quick wipe?

quite afriad of the vinegar doing damage underneath the carpet. felt that there is a soft patch under carpet. would this be foam? other places seem like solid metal is underneath.

my brother didn't spill a bucket full. just leaked from a closed pickles mussels jar :nono:

thanks in advance

very angry kenshin :angry:

Dude thats nasty :blink: ...i would pull the carpet out and get every bit of that juice and then get it steam cleaned,try not to mix to many fragrant cleaners into it,all this will do is create a bad funk that will smell even worse and stronger.

good luck mate

thanks guys, i think i was able to get most of the smell out... and the dry air from the heater has dried it i think... but i'll keep airing it for the next few days to make sure everything is out 150%

put my nose next to it and it seems to be nice mix but more so of the auto glym smell LOL :P

this drama is over, took the passenger seat out and felt under the foam part of the carpet and it was slightly damp and could just smell the pickled mussel juice a bit, so i took the heater out and flipped up that part of the carpet and blew the hot air inside, now its cooling down and airing for today i might park it in the sun with the windows down so it gets all of it out.

watta mission! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...