4ABHGE's Red Lunch Box - Goners!

4ABHGE

Today I fitted the Whiteline rear sway bar, and man what a difference it makes! car handles really well now even with it being a touch too low and with rubbish tyres on. best mod, really happy with it and recommend it for any FWD car :D

imgp7119d.jpg

imgp7124.jpg

imgp7127v.jpg

All was great until i was finishing up my test drive and blew my head gasket again on the way back.... ripped the head off it and here is the damage:

imgp7143.jpg

imgp7144z.jpg

It holds a new record: its been on the road for about 7 weeks which beats last time :P haha

Car will be returning to track spec as im Thinking of going to a test and tune on friday april 13 (ooh scary!! Lol)

Pretty sure it Will be my only opportunity to track this thing till september as queens bday is right in the middle of my exams :(

Long list of things to do by then (including putting the motor back together :P )

Thanks Ben :) Its an 18mm sway bar, but apparently it feels like 22 on the stiffest setting and 18 on the softest.. so yeah its "20mm" at the moment ;)

Fitted the head back on last night with the TRD gasket, torqued it and put the timing belt on after much frustration. Tonight ill put the cam covers on, the dizzy in with a new o-ring (no more leaks :D ) and connect all the electrics to get it all running again.

Then skidz? :D

Well today has been hairy. Car ia running damn well aftera few close calls with a problem with the timing belt and very close to a fire caused by leaking fuel out of the injectors.

But as i said before thr car is running damn well just how a 4age should!! :D

Ben, the head has come off meaning injectors out.. all it takes is a slight split in an injector o-ring and as the fuel is pressurised, it will weep or leak... credit to Justin for working on his own car ... it's not a new car!!

Ive got it on 20 now, and it feels really balanced. Its still slightly inclined to understeer but ill see how it goes after i raise it and get an alignment.

Thanks Mick and youre exactly right! Yeah, this car has been the only unreliable car ive had so far, but its also the oldest. Plus being a daily puts extra wear on things aswell because of extra kilometers i put on it.

I dont mind having too many problems, i like figuring them out and fixing them. Must say, regardless of the problems, this has been the best car ive had by far and wouldnt trade it for anything...

In other news, i put the black wheels back on it and it goes ok. I will be raising it after the weekend. Itll be tight but im gonna try and get it ready for a track day in 2 weeks...

Edited by 4ABHGE

Did a fair bit on the car today.

Raised it 15mm and now handles exceptionally well!! Car feels natural around corners, really neutral and i dont have to turn the steering wheel as much as i used to when it was low.

Also changed the oil in the motor, runs so much smoother now, and I changed the gearbox oil to some Western Oil SynGear 75-90 and man is it changing slick

Car is heaps better compared to this morning :)

I have a surprise coming soon aswell :D

It appears as though I am losing brake fluid somewhere :s

Also, repaired a melted altenator connection, long story short its because of helping out some chick on the side of the road... -_-

...Never ending problems...

Edited by 4ABHGE

It appears as though I am losing brake fluid somewhere :s

Also, repaired a melted altenator connection, long story short its because of helping out some chick on the side of the road... -_-

...Never ending problems...

Are your pads wearing down? Pistons having to push in further pulls more fluid from the reservoir. See if the reservoir has no spillage out the lid, and check around your brake hoses too.

Fried your alternator connection while trying to jump start some chicks Delorean DMC-12 (the flux capacitor optioned model)? :P

lol, the snow was seriously a spur of the moment, ! as soon as we got up, it started snowing, then when we got over it, and started to head down... it stopped :o coincidence ? ;)

loving these pics of the car!

Thanks Mick :D

When is the next snow cruise i should be in for it. As long as no homework for school. sad face

Hmm im thinking in June after exams? Lake Mt sounds good to me, ill invest in some chains for the rolla :P

lol, the snow was seriously a spur of the moment, ! as soon as we got up, it started snowing, then when we got over it, and started to head down... it stopped :o coincidence ? ;)

Man, the whole cruise was kinda spur of the moment haha the snow was definitely meant to be as soon as we left the car park the sun kinda came out, cherry on top of a great day :)

Been doing a bit of work on the car the last few days.

Added the catch can, got my daily wheels rebalanced, sorted out a couple of leaks and fixed my constant cold start issues. Tomorrow ill do the other driveshaft and fingers crossed i can get a wheel alignment friday!

Pics err... eventually lol