4ABHGE's Red Lunch Box - Goners!

4ABHGE

DAMMMN! Them 14's look right at home on the '82! Another inch of more lows and she'll be sweet :P

Agreed! but im just arguing the sexiness>practicality argument in my head at the moment... My driveway is steep and i struggle getting into my uni car park as it is lol Plus im not a fan of scrubbing, things just clear the way they are now.. also roll centre is perfect!

At the moment practicality is winning.

Subtle change to the car, I ended up lowering it 20mm, but i will be changing it back on sunday, because it handles like crap! lol

422454_361964353824718_100000334683409_1237419_1656246847_n.jpg

429499_361964447158042_100000334683409_1237420_801937693_n.jpg

Kinda, i live in Delahey so its not too far. Its the best car wash though, all the other local ones are just covered in mud and gunk...

That's so hot, nice work on the car... I've always liked the 86 front over the 87/88

Thanks man :) and yeah i think so too

So ive drawn up a bit of a short term plan, Im going to enjoy the car as is in low crappy handling/street mode until april then its going back onto its track diet.

Next on the list is the brakes. I am getting some braided lines and new pads in the next month or so. Also there is a clicking in the actual brake pedal whenever it passes a certain point. Is there a spring or a pin that goes in the top of the pedal or something that may cause this problem from being worn?

Still need to fit my rear sway.

And need to invest in longer studs.

And a wheel alignment finally :P

Then this car will bedabessss! Fingers crossed that my time dips into the 1:47's with all these changes... well see in June! :D

Those wheels man... ahhhh so awesome!! we'll have to go out for another chat and some happy snaps, my mate matts also got a red series I so we should get the three of them out together.. would be wicked!

47's on semi or road tires? :P)

Not yet, im still going to use the KU36's for the next track day, but semi's will be coming in the not too distant future.

not yet, he said finger crossed..

Anyway, Toyota_kid, c u in Winton in June

Awesome! see ya then Ben!

Those wheels man... ahhhh so awesome!! we'll have to go out for another chat and some happy snaps, my mate matts also got a red series I so we should get the three of them out together.. would be wicked!

Haha i love them too :)

Ive met Matt before havent seen his car though but have heard about it... definitely down for a trio of Red Series 1 photos! That would be insane!! we should get it done before i raise the car up again aye?

Edited by Toyota_kid

2 seconds would be great! I have heard at winton that semi's are a 3 second gain and slicks are just under 5. Regardless of that gain, there is too much to do on the car before i take the jump to semis.

Winton has a few extra corners, not to mention the extra length compared to Wakey, so it all adds up.

Also pics:

imgp6446.jpg

imgp6448.jpg

imgp6457.jpg

imgp6462.jpg

imgp6469n.jpg

imgp6480.jpg

And my favourite one:

imgp6475.jpg

Edited by Toyota_kid

I went on a 800km or so return road trip this weekend in the mighty lunch box.

The car did exceptionally well, no smoking, no overheating, no oil or water consumtion and best of all 6.9L/100km!! Engine has finally settled and is just ticking along nicely :D

EDIT: apart from one thing, o-ring in the dizzy has gone...

I do need to raise it back up 20-25mm again as its scrubbing very badly on country roads (and handles like crap haha)

Seat was a bit harsh and was lacking padding for long trips, so i had to make my own pillow with towels and stuff to avoid getting a numb bum an numb legs LOL!!

While talking about my seats, I had a look at my Bride's tag this morning, and Im now not too sure if they are legit or not considering the price i paid. I cant read the japanese on the tag apart from the english saying "Bride" and "Made in Japan"... made in Japan is a good sign right? :D

Heres a couple of photos and a photo of the rear window before the return trip :P

imgp6498.jpg

imgp6645pkkg.jpg

imgp6641.jpg

Edited by Toyota_kid

Jsut a warning about the bride seat, the ones made in thailand are still technically real Bride seats cause Bride Japan did not register the name, so its a fake but its real. The best way to check is the thickness of the padding and the quality of the sponge. ALso the Bride logo on the seat should line up perfectly, be slightly cut off or anything. It is pretty hard to tell though, I think the cusion part is the simplest. Car looks the goods, where do you drive to all the time for 800km to the country, drug runner?

Jsut a warning about the bride seat, the ones made in thailand are still technically real Bride seats cause Bride Japan did not register the name, so its a fake but its real. The best way to check is the thickness of the padding and the quality of the sponge. ALso the Bride logo on the seat should line up perfectly, be slightly cut off or anything. It is pretty hard to tell though, I think the cusion part is the simplest. Car looks the goods, where do you drive to all the time for 800km to the country, drug runner?

Well my padding is great just not over 4 hour drives lol Mine are made in japan... so they're the original replicas of the fakes which are technically legit, but are actually better than technically legit ones? very confusion! haha My seats are the plain jane ones, so they dont have the bride logo going all the way up the cushions which doesnt really help at all. All i know is that they supposedly are made in japan which is good enough for me! ^_^

As for the road trip, this explains everything including the kms i covered and why i want to raise my ride height.....

...oh and also the moonshine in the back of my car ;) hahaha jokes.

Srsly tho, I went up to Albury/Wodonga for the weekend. drove up, drove around, drove back. :)

Edited by Toyota_kid

brides are a tad confusing as there were 2 owners, at some point they fell out so one of them are legit and one is making replica fakes which are real, i believe in taiwan...... however there are certain things on it that you can tell whether it's fake or not like the glitter on the back of the seat and various other markings, those are a few of the reasons why i opted for recaros as well...