4ABHGE's Red Lunch Box - Goners!

4ABHGE

Turns out i am going to be flat out busy this week, which means i can't check up on the car :( So i assigned my dad to do that for me as its a little more convenient for him ^_^

In other news... I'm going to start applying a little bit of elbow grease to my daily wheels next week :yahoo: don't think ive showed them to you guys before, so ill keep them as a surprise ;)

Edited by Toyota_kid

• 2 weeks later...

Hey look at what i found hiding under my bed :o

sam0199v.jpg

So what you can see is...

- 18mm 3pt adjustabe rear sway bar

- 350mm Nardi Deep Corn

- Catch can

I also have a 440g Skunk2 gear knob, but i already put that on the car so i can't take photos of it at the moment :(

Also, I started refurbing my daily wheels... ill just leave this here for now ;)

sam0211s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Word has it the car will be done in the next few days, only problem is im gonna be 6+ hours away in the middle of no where. Ive organized the old man to pick it up and finish a few things off for me till i get back... Man i miss this car, cant wait to drive it! :D

• 1 month later...

Still haevnt gotten my car back. Was due to have it back today, but it seems ill get it back on monday or tuesday. Yeah i know the date keeps on changing, but its out of my control really :( just looking forward to getting it back soon :D

Also, started restoring my wheels again and have finished 2 of them so far.

Theyre Gemini wheels 14x5.5 with about a 20 offset

imgp5075copy.jpg

(before and after btw ;) )

Theyve cleaned up really well. After taking the silicon/gunk that they have on them off then polishing, painting and polishing again, especially with all the spokes these wheels have it takes a fair bit of time.

can't wait to see them on the car now that theyve been cleaned up :D

I prefer 14's over 15's but when it comes to track wheels im limited if im buying in Australia :/ 5.5's are also half an inch wider than stock. Theyre good daily wheels :)

Edited by Toyota_kid

The Gemini wheels look great after a polish, did you use a drill with a polishing attachment or was it all by hand?

sanding, painting, and polishing was done by hand :)

My car is all wired up and ready to go, but when we tried to crank it over nothing happened... woot. The sparky thinks he knows what the problem is, so if all goes to plan ill get it back friday.

Shes so dusty and smells funny too :(

dang man, your cars been in the shop for agessss

Baaad! I dont want to think about it...

i dont usually like tin cans but i like this one :P

Thanks mate :)

• 3 weeks later...

2 effing G.

Car has been sitting around for the last week with a few issues and i just got the chance to work on it today.

Car started up beautifully, but had a few teething issues with the new motor. There's a bearing on one of the pulleys thats about to seize up so its making all kinds of noises, then when i put my foot over half throttle it just bogged down.

I thought the timing was out so i adjusted the dizzy and played around until it was running perfectly. Took it for another drive, same problem but it now caused the engine light to come on.

So i bridged the diagnostic thing to check out the engine code and turns out it was number 52. Looked through this 4AGE book that the sparky gave me and it only had codes until 51... great.

So i jump on my phone and google said engine code and it turns out numero 52 is actually for the #1 Knock sensor. I looked around the knock sensor for the wire and gave it a tug and it was on its connector, tried to start it again and same problem. Now im crapping myself thinking this new motor is farked.

I thought i might aswell try and disconnect and reconnect the knock sensor plug, turns out the plug wasnt sitting on its connector properly. Fire it up again after this and all was perfect! the loose plug was causing the engine to think it was knocking. Problem solved. :D

So I gave it a wash, and drove it all afternoon and had the biggest cheesiest grin on my face lol Engine pulls hard compared to the bigport and just has so much more torque... motor is at another level + the sounds.. oh the sounds.... its just awesome!

Now i just gotta put all that dash back in tomorrow and fix the bearing on the pulley, secure a few more things and make a plate for the ECU to sit in the footwell....

Onward to some pics!

imgp6089n.jpg

imgp6094a.jpg

imgp6108.jpg

imgp6113.jpg

imgp6117i.jpg

Skids all weekend?

looks like mickos but better LAWL ;)

and u still have the wibton sticker on as well 2x LAWL

Hmm not sure about that but thanks man! and winton sticker ftw!!! Haha

Trung, its 100% legit nardi with a genuine trd horn button ;)

Thanks for all the kind words guys :D

Dwee, My car hasnt been on the road for 4 months, and before that it was only on the road for a month so that probably explains why i havent been around much. I live in the western suburbs cant really tell you where i get around though, im all over the place :P

EDIT: Also, ive got one more pic from a mate

421842_10150563253342063_644532062_9530542_816261542_n.jpg

Edited by Toyota_kid

So I went for a drive in the morning and then came home and suddenly a wild interior appears along with some wheels? how odd.

imgp6298m.jpg

imgp6303.jpg

imgp6332i.jpg

imgp6129.jpg

imgp6344.jpg

imgp6351o.jpg

imgp6353.jpg

imgp6356.jpg

imgp6358.jpg

imgp6366u.jpg

Why? Because street car.

Now im off to get ice cream!