Fitting throttle controller

I've got throttle controller with a button which is not fixed. I want to install a button which would stay ON permanently, so that I wouldn't need to turn my throttle controller on every time I start up the car.

There are three wires on my TC. Plus, minus and the LED.

Here is the relay I'm going to use.

20jlmo2.jpg

Which is the correct order I should be using while connecting cables to the relay. I've got 2 position switch with LED.

Google search how to work a relay, 12v constant, 12v control and earth's..

I can help. I can even make a video to show you, I can draw a diagram and even come over and help if I want, but, like many other users here, don't like replies like that

Anyone agree ??

Perhaps duchies reply was a bit harsh, but I agree with the sentiment. Please play nice and focus on the topic of the thread.

Is the button that turns the controller on a momentary switch? What model tc is it?

Perhaps duchies reply was a bit harsh, but I agree with the sentiment. Please play nice and focus on the topic of the thread.

Is the button that turns the controller on a momentary switch? What model tc is it?

Yes, it's a momentary switch. TC is made by Russian company called Jetter Electronics.

Actually, I allready found out how to connect a relay:

30 = positive from car

87 = positive from TC

85 = ACC

86 = ground

and connect the TC's negative to some grounding source inside the car.

What I'm thinking about now, is do I really need to use a relay? I suppose that my TC doesn't consume very much amperes. So maybe just connect it straight to positive and negative and install my switch in between positive or negative wire?

You are approaching this the wring way from the sounds if it. Making any changes to the power going into the throttle controller by means of a switch or relay will do absolutely nothing. If you're saying you need to press a momentary button on the throttle controller itself to turn it in every time you start the car, then you need to open the throttle controller and modify the switching for the switch. This is beyond a simple relay/switch combination.

then you need to open the throttle controller and modify the switching for the switch. This is beyond a simple relay/switch combination.

Yep thats what i was thinking too.

x2 hence the question

Guys, probably you were right. Now my TC is ON all the time while the car is running. No matter in which position my new switch is.

I'm just wondering, how did that one guy make it work...

I'm also thinking where does the TC get it's energy from? It's connected to the throttle pedal, so probably it's getting it from there? When it had the old switch, it wasn't connected to any other source where it could've gotten it's power from.

Could you please explain, how does a momentary switch work if the TC gets it's energy from throttle pedal? Does it "activate" something which starts letting the power through and the TC starts working or what?

Mate, without seeing any documentation about your throttle controller, how on earth do you expect us to help you?

Without pictures or diagrams, we can't just simply tell you how to wire everything up.

So if you have it connected normally and you turn the car on, the throttle controller does not turn on? Then you press the button, it turns on? What happens if you press the button again; does it change modes or turns off?

If it is simply an on off toggle, you essentially need to create a switching circuit that will briefly close a contact once the car starts and then release. This contact would essentially join to the momentary switch. Building the circuit is probably the hardest part. You can make either an electronic switching circuit, or a mechanical switching circuit. There are plans out there for either option if you do a Google search.

So if you have it connected normally and you turn the car on, the throttle controller does not turn on? Then you press the button, it turns on? What happens if you press the button again; does it change modes or turns off?

Exactly. And it doesn't change modes, just turns off.

If it is simply an on off toggle, you essentially need to create a switching circuit that will briefly close a contact once the car starts and then release. This contact would essentially join to the momentary switch. Building the circuit is probably the hardest part. You can make either an electronic switching circuit, or a mechanical switching circuit. There are plans out there for either option if you do a Google search.

Can I use a special relay? I read about it somewhere. When it starts getting current, it connects for some time, then disconnects automatically.

Can I use a special relay? I read about it somewhere. When it starts getting current, it connects for some time, then disconnects automatically.

if you can find such a thing, then yes. I've never heard of a relay like that myself, but I've never actually looked to be honest.

I found this. Don't know if it's useful in my case. There's something about latching relay.

A latching relay will hold the contact open or closed even when power is removed. It is pointless in your current situation.

Just to clear up any other thoughts you may have, you could just use a normal relay and have the N/O contacts across the momentary switch and then connect the relay coil up to switched ACC power. This would essentially be like holding the button down as long as the car is on. I do not recommend this however as it:

1) Doesn't give you the ability to easily press the button again to turn it off and,

2) The idea of 'holding' the button down continuously does not sound so great.

Why would I be hold the button continuously? I am going to use a rocker switch instead of the momentary button. Maybe you did not understand my point? Well, I believe that probably it's me who did not understand your point :D