Turbo Sportivo

There's one on sale on the trading post at the moment

TOYOTA COROLLA TURBO Sportivo Hatch, 2001, gold duco, manual. Factory turbo/intercooler & body kit. FR18 Simmons. Lowered, sports exhaust. Many extras. Receipts. Immaculate. 2 years Warranty. 12 months rego. RWCert. Reg.RKE-568. $25,800ono. (0414)677864 Bundoora

I wonder how they perform. Anyone?

The gold sportivo 2001 is the old corolla. It comes with turbo as standard under the badge levin. only come in gold.

A turbo 2zz-ge has been done in Australia, a wide body red celica no plate PETIR (indonesian for Thunder) got one. Power is up to 160kw+ at the wheel. The mechanic says it is a 100 percent increase in power at the wheel.

Note: 80ish kw at the wheel for 2zz-ge is true, as what the mech said about the turbo celica, 100 percent increase in power at the wheel.

The gold sportivo 2001 is the old corolla. It comes with turbo as standard under the badge levin. only come in gold.

A turbo 2zz-ge has been done in Australia, a wide body red celica no plate PETIR (indonesian for Thunder) got one. Power is up to 160kw+ at the wheel. The mechanic says it is a 100 percent increase in power at the wheel.

Note: 80ish kw at the wheel for 2zz-ge is true, as what the mech said about the turbo celica, 100 percent increase in power at the wheel.

:huh: but isnt that strictly a show car, its not road legal i think?

also someone somewhere posted he was having some dramas with the turbo setup..?

there is a silver 2zz with a turbo(in australia) on it, in one of my old hot four mags and the same month in the fast fours mag, lots of mods to put the turbo on and they don't give the enigne even with really goood seals much longevity

its not just a show car man. I say that is the complete package. beautiful look, poweful engine and amazing sound, what else could you ask for?

hahahah aaah...So Dan how is that not a show car? :lol:

I wasnt criticizing it, i was merely saying if its not road worthy then that the car would not be used as a daily driver like ours, thats all.

by the way i love the car, ive spoken to the owner a few times from another celica site, hes a good bloke.

Yeh, i did see a Black Celica with 2ZZGE owned by a Rugby league player i think at Croydon Autosports in Sydney, Silverwater. It was a few years back and it had it turbocharged and done up with a lot of money put into it. If i didn't remember wrong, the car was done up with more than $50,000 put into it :blink::blink::blink:

Even had a baby seat in the rear done up :o . It was featured in a mag but forgot which one, maybe fast fours?

Hehehe, nah nah is all good. Well you're right it is a show car, but not just a show car man. But hey, at least we know there's a turbo 2zz being done. dude put one for your car!

man Id love to but i dont have ten grand to pump into the turbo and parts setup Id need... :(

I had this pointed out to me today and I was wondering if anyone on the forum had one? If so, what kind of performance do you get out of it? Im curious as to how the turbo works with the variable valve timing.

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...04_toyturbo.htm

A good friend of mine has one. they are very torquey. 1st and 2nd are pointless put ur foot down in 3rd and the thing wants to spin.

I will admit, he gets me off the start, by the time im in lift in first its almost neck and neck by 3rd....." *hmmm* where did brian go?" lol

The Intercooler piping is NASTY. air box is on the other side of the engine, rougly about 4x60MM pipes running from side to side of the engine.. really bad setup.

he has it lowered 1", awesome sound system, stock rims,power difference from stock boost to about 11psi is almost un noticable i still much him! bigger fridge (800x300) about to be put in!, num plate GLT-18T. with the intercooler/air filter piping he has removed all but one of them, stock air box has gone and put the pod air filter down near spotties

he has had lots of problems with it. just hit 40,000km already had his syncros go in 1st 2nd and 3rd, all engine mounts have been broken, his stock slotted / drilled rotors are CRACKED real bad! Rear shocks blew with 1" lower springs in about 3 weeks of lowering.

For an almost $40k turbocharged 1.8, the AE112 Sportivo has very a low performance level. It's basically just a stock 7A-FE motor with a small turbo setup and a FMIC. For a few grand more, a WRX or 200SX would have been a much better purchase.

I'm lead to believe that they do a mid 15 second quarter mile which is around half a second quicker than the ZZE122 Sportivo, but still fairly slow in comparison to other factory 4 cyl turbos :(

The reason the old sportivo's are so expensive is because they were only made in limited numbers. (100 or so) and each one is individually numbered.

i've test driven 1 of them...don't remember the number...but it was like 1 year ago and the lowest the dealer would go was 28k.

hmm....

-Chris