lowered springs and stock suspension

bones

hey guys,ive had my 04 corolla sportivo for about 9 months now and cant seem to get over how high the stock suspension setup makes it look. Needless to say i want it lower. Have been looking at previously covered topics but cant seem to find a thread that has a number of different opinions on the following question.

If i go king lows or super lows with stock suspension to lower the ride height, will this wear out the stock suspension relatively quickly ?

If so, how many pple have had this combo and how long has it taken for the stock suspension to wear out / start leaking??

I want to go king lows for a 35mm drop as i dont want it way to low, just to have slightly less body roll and look better.

Im a uni student with limited funds, so coilovers etc would be to expensive, and aftermarket springs are the cheapest option. I also wouldnt be able to fork out for new suspension if the king lows screwed the stock suspension...thats why i ask :)

any replies much appreciated :)

hey guys,ive had my 04 corolla sportivo for about 9 months now and cant seem to get over how high the stock suspension setup makes it look. Needless to say i want it lower. Have been looking at previously covered topics but cant seem to find a thread that has a number of different opinions on the following question.

If i go king lows or super lows with stock suspension to lower the ride height, will this wear out the stock suspension relatively quickly ?

If so, how many pple have had this combo and how long has it taken for the stock suspension to wear out / start leaking??

I want to go king lows for a 35mm drop as i dont want it way to low, just to have slightly less body roll and look better.

Im a uni student with limited funds, so coilovers etc would be to expensive, and aftermarket springs are the cheapest option. I also wouldnt be able to fork out for new suspension if the king lows screwed the stock suspension...thats why i ask :)

any replies much appreciated :)

Can't speak for late model corollas... but on my AE102R I had Super Low Kings on the front and Low Kings on the rear. Stock shocks on the front were swapped out straight away as one had collapsed and the rears lasted 3 months before I had to swap them out... so the answer is not long...

Can someone in NSW confirm that if lowering your car is now illegal? that's what my mate is telling me which started this about 2 years ago (used to be legal), but I can't find this source from RTA website. You need a mechanic to sign off for approval if you want to do this.

Can someone in NSW confirm that if lowering your car is now illegal? that's what my mate is telling me which started this about 2 years ago (used to be legal), but I can't find this source from RTA website. You need a mechanic to sign off for approval if you want to do this.

poster44660520.jpg

No, it is not illegal to lower your car in NSW (there are limits however). Until there is an official document on the RTA website stating as such (VSI 50 will cover that kind of thing but is still in the draft stage I believe), anything you hear is internet rumour, media exaggeration and general paranoia.

• Like 1