pre facelift and facelift taillight interchangeable?

hey guys. just wondering if the prefacelift and facelift headlights are interchangeable? according to Toyota they are different and also the Japanese and south African models are also different :blink:

thanks.

the light housing bolts up but the plugs for the lights are different. the facelift version has a tray that all the bulbs plug into and the harness plugs into this tray

they are interchangeable to a degree, as they the light casing itself is exactly the same. the difference is with the electrical harness, as some modification is required.

as far as i know, you can fit pre-facelift lights on a facelift model, but not facelight lights on a pre-facelift model. someone correct me if i'm wrong

the light housing bolts up but the plugs for the lights are different. the facelift version has a tray that all the bulbs plug into and the harness plugs into this tray

they are interchangeable to a degree, as they the light casing itself is exactly the same. the difference is with the electrical harness, as some modification is required.

as far as i know, you can fit pre-facelift lights on a facelift model, but not facelight lights on a pre-facelift model. someone correct me if i'm wrong

ok so i cant just remove the harness from the pre facelift light and plug it into the tray of the face lift tail lights? i really cant imagine the harness plugs to be different.. if so there would be some soldering that needs to be done...

this shows the facelift lights

lol my car is in that thread xD

i currently have facelift tail lights on my prefacelift sportivo :) i dont remember exactly i changed it over 2 years ago but i dont think there was any problems

Ok I remember now from reading my thread lol

You basically swap over the plugs you basically unclip the white clip so the wires come out then all you have to do is match up the wires, when I bought mine it came with the plug with wires on it so I could match them up

yeah i was going to get the wires with the harness so it makes life a bit easier... i just got the headlights off my car today and i found out that the plugs between the prefacelift and facelift are actually different. :( with the wires coming from the car, u cant just yank them out right? u have to cut them?

yeah i was going to get the wires with the harness so it makes life a bit easier... i just got the headlights off my car today and i found out that the plugs between the prefacelift and facelift are actually different. :( with the wires coming from the car, u cant just yank them out right? u have to cut them?

headlights? the headlights are completely different?

if you mean taillights then theres a white clip on the harness that you unclip and the wires slide out

oops.yeah I did mean taillights... yeah the whole harness unclips from the light but the individual wires are still connected. how did u take these individual wires out?

oops.yeah I did mean taillights... yeah the whole harness unclips from the light but the individual wires are still connected. how did u take these individual wires out?

On the plug there's this white piece on the side use a flat head to pop it out, that's what's holding the wires in

On the plug there's this white piece on the side use a flat head to pop it out, that's what's holding the wires in

u bloody rippa! i thought it was that, i was just trying to yank them out but i gave up :)

u bloody rippa! i thought it was that, i was just trying to yank them out but i gave up :)

hahaha i was doing the same thing at one stage!! till my friend noticed it anyways hope it all goes well and enjoy the new old lights xD i still have my facelift taillights on my prefacelift thinking about going the jdm ones

hahaha i was doing the same thing at one stage!! till my friend noticed it anyways hope it all goes well and enjoy the new old lights xD i still have my facelift taillights on my prefacelift thinking about going the jdm ones

sell them to me so i dont have to do the jdm light mod :D

sell them to me so i dont have to do the jdm light mod :D

hahaha its not that hard you just solder an extra wire to the unused socket to give it power

• 2 weeks later...

ok i've just got the facelift tail lights from the zze122 brand new and they seem to not fit the zze123. they do fit but i need to take out the foam peice behind the tail light which u need to seal the tail light so moisture doesnt get into the tail light. Either that or i need to enlongate the bolt holes to perfectly fit the tail light. <_<

is there any difference between the south african and japanese tail lights??? :unsure:

i dont think there is any point for toyota to make difference across the south african and japanese models. first the bloody doors, and now this. peeing me off. :angry:

hmmmm .... this is weird ..... maybe its ur car duy :P :P :P :P

im running the JDM runx tailights and they fit straight on not probs ..... so i dont think its a jdm vs sadm issue .... just weird

• 1 month later...

OK i picked up a set of SA facelift lights thanks to TOYTRD. tried them on my car...

verdict? fits perfect.

so i went ahead and took off the used seal behind his tail light and replaced it on the brand new one.

verdict? fits perfect.

so all it is, is that the seal needs to sit in properly/bolt in properly so it seals the moisture out. since the tail lights are brand new, the seals arent used so it needs to be bolted in to seal properly.

if anyone of you guys go changing the tail lights from prefacelift to facelift or vice versa, they WILL FIT. regardless of what those toyota parts dealer goons say about SADM is different to JDM. utterly BS.

thread closed :)