2011 corolla dash defects

hey all after taking delivery of our 2011 zr ive noticed 3 defect marks in the dash,it look like behind the defect there are clips and when moulded to the underside of the dash it has somehow deformed the material on top? there are two in the center (on each side of the top vent) and one on the drivers side,cant see one on the passenger? anyone else noticed this on previous 08-11. hard to take pics as sun has to be shining on them to see them in full glory

so let me ask the question..does it bother you guys at all.. ive only drove the car twice and it is the only thing i see as i know its there..its annoying. 1st service i going to get a dash mat free through toyota as i dont want to view them anymore then im going to ask for dash replacement through warranty ..

i see it... but u really have to look for them lol. all in all dude, if u are going to pick out dash defects, u might as well not drive ur car, becuz u'll get stone chips on ur paint, (if you know what i mean).

i guess everyone looks at it differently right? for me if it doesnt affect the performance and reliablility of a car, i would give two stuffs about it ;)

dw much about this "defect" since most people have it.

my 2 cents

• 1 month later...

On my 2009 edge it is barely noticeable but on the 2008 conquest it is really quite ugly so it must just be the luck of the draw in the factory. If I had a bad new one I would try for the free dash mat, It is pretty poor QA at Toyota.

• 2 weeks later...

look you will see .. they all have it,i went and looked a 4 other new corollas with the DP at a toyota dealership and they all had it he was shocked at the quality also thats why he gave me a dash mat ,he also said he was putting in a complaint in to toyota also