First Mods to Ascent Sport.

Tofuboi

Not really interested in drag racing it.

I like my car, its fine to drive when on lift, looks nice etc, handles quite well on the road etc. And is economical if driven sedately. And most importantly fits in my tiny garage.

Just a question for Northy, I was checking your profile and u have a stivo as well. What time can you do on that. Honesly is your ascent faster? Really this is just too stupid, please be honest.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have not been to the strip in my sportivo i have few of the more serious mods happening next week, i will be out at the strip the week after ill be expecting mid 14's

If you rolled your super dooper ascent vs a stock stivo from 100-180 what would win in your honest opinion?

Mid 14's - Hmmm? How?

Edited by Gumball

mine went 15.2 with just one decent timed run and there was still more in it... with only CAI

like was said, just take it out there once, and you may suprise yourself!!! I know I was, I was expecting 15.4-15.5... :huh:

Edited by Blue_Stivo

i have not been to the strip in my sportivo i have few of the more serious mods happening next week, i will be out at the strip the week after ill be expecting mid 14's

If you rolled your super dooper ascent vs a stock stivo from 100-180 what would win in your honest opinion?

Mid 14's - Hmmm? How?

sportivo easy, when the sportivo hits 4th gear it walks away, up untill then its anyones race

mid 14's you will just have to wait and see :ph34r:

Mid 14's - Hmmm? How?

sportivo easy, when the sportivo hits 4th gear it walks away, up untill then its anyones race

mid 14's you will just have to wait and see :ph34r:

Hahaha, yes it can be done.

Is is going to be videoed Corey??? I want to see this, should be good :D :D :D

Is is going to be videoed Corey??? I want to see this, should be good :D :D :D

yes, hopefully from several angles :P

Righty-o....my turn....

Northy's 1ZZ...great car and anybody tht has seen it, heard it, been in it or even driven it will tell you that.

A shopping trolley it aint!!!

I distinclty remember a certain Track Day a few months ago where I was passenger in Shao's Sportivo (Now Northy's) then passenger in Northy's Ascent.

I might say, that as far as the track was concerned, taking handling and the driver out of the equation, I was extremely surprised by how the Ascent went. I always thought it would be a slightly less of a performer than the Sportivo, but then I got to go shotgun in it and my opinion changed.

Gumball, I don't care what sort of motorbikes you have riden, they are completely different and your sense of speed from them is changed when you sit in a car. Sorry, this gives you no credibility about judging speed or performance.

If your opinion is that you think that a 1ZZ is a shopping trolley, then this is fine. If you do not wish to believe that a 1ZZ is capable of low 15's, then this is fine. But please do not dare come here spruking your gob off about what you think is or isn't possible when you have never seen these cars go in the flesh.

I would love to see you run your Sportivo against Northy's 1ZZ. Infact, I look forward to it. Remember though, the driver also plays a major part on the equation. Maybe the other forums you have been on have not yet seen a Sportivo or a 1ZZ run..... ;)

I am not here to pick a fight, although history suggests that this would be my opportunity to start.... :P) I am merely suggesting that when you are new to a forum, please do not come here telling people that there times are BS when you know nothing about the people, their cars or this forum. Sheez, want me to tell you about the time when my stock 2ZZ out performed modified 2ZZ's on the Dyno....please, let's not go there.

I accept your recent posts with apologies over your attitude, and with that said, if you are prepared to talk Toyota in a friendly manner, then welcome. If you are only ever going to post negative, derogatory and slandering comments about what we as a group have done with our vehicles, then please find another forum to annoy....

Back to the topic.

Tufboi, if you want to know which is the better car to get if the Transmission was not an issue, then I would pick the Sportivo if you were looking for something to have fun in and a 1ZZ if you want a day-to-day car. Which 1ZZ to get should really be determined by how much $$$$ you want to spend. Don't buy an Ascent if your going to spend $1000 on alloys, add a rear roof spoiler, side skirts and CD Stacker...you might find you could screw for a good deal on a Levin for that...

Good luck...

Cheers

Aaron

Tofuboi, if you want to know which is the better car to get if the Transmission was not an issue, then I would pick the Sportivo if you were looking for something to have fun in and a 1ZZ if you want a day-to-day car.  Which 1ZZ to get should really be determined by how much $$$$ you want to spend.  Don't buy an Ascent if your going to spend $1000 on alloys, add a rear roof spoiler, side skirts and CD Stacker...you might find you could screw for a good deal on a Levin for that...

Good luck...

Cheers

Aaron

That's exactly what I was thinking about recently, I don't need a really fun car, although it would be nice, but im just really up for the day to day business for now anyway. Also I would probably go for the Levin since I would end up getting those addons later anyway if i were to get the Ascent.

Tofuboi, if you want to know which is the better car to get if the Transmission was not an issue, then I would pick the Sportivo if you were looking for something to have fun in and a 1ZZ if you want a day-to-day car.  Which 1ZZ to get should really be determined by how much $$$$ you want to spend.  Don't buy an Ascent if your going to spend $1000 on alloys, add a rear roof spoiler, side skirts and CD Stacker...you might find you could screw for a good deal on a Levin for that...

Good luck...

Cheers

Aaron

That's exactly what I was thinking about recently, I don't need a really fun car, although it would be nice, but im just really up for the day to day business for now anyway. Also I would probably go for the Levin since I would end up getting those addons later anyway if i were to get the Ascent.

Before I bought my AE112R Levin, I was going to get a Conquest ($22000) and add $3000 worth alloy wheels, 6 Stacker and a few other things, and I got my Levin for $25000.

When I upgraded, I was going to pay $29000 for a ZZE122R Levin and realised by saving $1000, I could get the Sportivo.

Levin - Good chaoice and I am sure that you will make a couple of people here real prod (ahem **Pippy**Dylan**Mark**)...

Good luck

Levin - Good chaoice and I am sure that you will make a couple of people here real prod (ahem **Pippy**Dylan**Mark**)...

I drive a SPORTIVO Azza... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

show me a N/A 1ZZ-FE with 119.8kW at the fronts!!! :angry::angry::angry: :P

Edited by Blue_Stivo

I drive a SPORTIVO Azza... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sorry Dylan, I meant to write Brandon.... :unsure::unsure::unsure:

<takes a deep breath> 119.8kw N/A - i am up for the challenge...anyone got 10k spare for the Mintos charity fund? :lol:

And Gumball...it took a couple of servings, but you came around mate, good to see :) Kudos to being a GSX-R 1k rider, those things are fricking intense man, 9.8 1/4 stock - any sub 50k roadcar would seem like a shopping trolley if you rode that thing too much.

But yes, the reason why a modded 1zz is able to match a stivo in many circumstances on the strip is because of the torque. I wasnt lying when i said it is the highest torque N/A 1.8L motor and as many people here know, torque is really what gets the car running in a drag. In the case of Northy's Ascent, not even lift can compensate for the superior pull of the 1zz, even with the 6.2k rev limiter.

In terms of performance mods, my 1zz for example has full exhaust and air intake and pulls 235nm (171 standard) so with an easy 1k worth of bolt on mods you can make the ascent a bit more of an "interactive" drive and not just an A to B car.

Also as 1ZZ-FE (Carlos) said, so much of it is about the driver, sometimes it is fun to be the performance underdog yet come out on top because you know how to maneuver your ride - everyday i learn how to get more out of driving my corolla and its good fun :)

Still yet to square off against a stivo damnit...I am going to have to come to a club meet in Sydney and see how I stack up, hehe.

And yeah Tofuboi, personally i still reside with my original opinion - if you are willing to cough up for a Levin, i would find some way "around" the license issue and opt for a stivo, better resale, etc. But that is just me...whatever works for you dude, a corolla is a corolla :D

And Gumball...it took a couple of servings, but you came around mate, good to see  :)  Kudos to being a GSX-R 1k rider, those things are fricking intense man, 9.8 1/4 stock - any sub 50k roadcar would seem like a shopping trolley if you rode that thing too much.

Yeah I actually traded the gsxr for a VFR 800 a few months ago. The GSXR was INSANE and to be honest no standard car would be able to keep up in a straight line. I think you would need 600hp at the back wheel of a Supra or GTR to keep up.

Even on the VFR, modded WRX's are funny when they try and race me. Half throttle and your way ahead:)

Again sorry for my posts of Friday, I hope you all can forget about it and let me enjoy posting here with no ill feeling:)

And Gumball...it took a couple of servings, but you came around mate, good to see  :)  Kudos to being a GSX-R 1k rider, those things are fricking intense man, 9.8 1/4 stock - any sub 50k roadcar would seem like a shopping trolley if you rode that thing too much.

Yeah I actually traded the gsxr for a VFR 800 a few months ago. The GSXR was INSANE and to be honest no standard car would be able to keep up in a straight line. I think you would need 600hp at the back wheel of a Supra or GTR to keep up.

Even on the VFR, modded WRX's are funny when they try and race me. Half throttle and your way ahead:)

Again sorry for my posts of Friday, I hope you all can forget about it and let me enjoy posting here with no ill feeling:)

that's the way mate ;)

Yeah i have been on the back of some bikes a few years ago...any half decent bike will kill pretty much any road car. I mean, (in the case of the GSXR) how can any car challenge something that weighs 170kg dry and puts out 150kw? Thats like having a 1000kw Corolla :o

Its funny though the amount of people who think bikes are slow and their fully sik modified Rex will kill it, they are somewhat surprised when they get nailed and realise if they really wanted performance they only need half the amount of cash they payed for their WRX, balls of steel and some riding skill :lol: