aurion HID's

zedder

I've got 6000k in lows and foggies and IMO they're better than stock. Even in the rain I don't have an issue, unless I'm doing 110km/h in a downpour, so I don't, because doing 110 in a downpour at night is just silly no matter what sort of headlights you've got.

mmm what brand are your 6000k's?? there really should not be an issue with Quality 6000k HID's. Sure it's not just poor aiming, Might of buggered it up when doing the install??

Not everyone sees things in the same way (no pun intended). What one person may think is good illumination, another person may be quite the opposite. Not everybody has the same set of eyes. A lot of this "I think HID's are better etc" discussion is subjective.

i have 35w 8000k on my aurion, normal weather like dry i can see very clear no problem but when it rain i hardly see anything. now i just got to wait for them to blow up i will try 6000k

Mine are 8000k and I can see fine and loving them.

6000k foggies too but rarely turn on coz I'm just not that mean to other drivers.

have they pulled you over for 8k hid ?

Mine are 8000k and I can see fine and loving them.

6000k foggies too but rarely turn on coz I'm just not that mean to other drivers.

No never had a problem with the law

55W 4300K was what ended up using. Lower the k, better light penetration...

Have also tried 6000K, 8000K and 10000K

55w HIDs on a 2000 camry with reflectors?

I'll give you 1 week driving at night before you get defected.

No never had a problem with the law

Legal I heard around is 6000k. Most people can hardly tell the difference between those 2, and including police. Once I got pulled over for it, and they tried to make a scene. In the end, mine blew and replaced it with 6000k

hehehehe.. :D i got defected for my hids, around 3 years ago, too when I had 6000K. This is because we do not have projectors...

4300K seems okay because it's got a yellow tinge to it.

i got pulled over more then 5 time this years the cops didnt say anything my 8000k HID low and white parker lights but they did fine me for using my 8000k HID fog lights once. LOL

55W 4300K was what ended up using. Lower the k, better light penetration...

Have also tried 6000K, 8000K and 10000K

Nope that's not quite true bud, the kelvin rating has nothing at all to do with penetration it is SIMPLY and ONLY the colour temprture of the light output.

here's how i explained it to Tash last year.

The K (kelvin) rating of any lamp be it Xenon or halogen is of the light temperature and not it's "brightness", throw or power.

The Kelvin rating starts at 1000k which is a dirty yellow colour them moves through to around 3000k which is whats referred to as Tungsten then on 5000-5400k which is regarded as the most pure white light (we in the music industy refer to this as "open white"), 6000k which tends to be the most common is white with a blue tinge and then after that you get bluer until you get to around 10000-12000k where it will go purple and then it it’s pretty much useless light and really only good as a party piece.

Now lumens is a bit of a tricky one as there is also the little thing of "lux" to be taken in consideration.. but to keep things simple essential Lumens is the base measure of a lamp/fixtures power or "brightness output" as at the end of the day watts isn’t the be all end all much in the same way as a car engine capacity isn’t the definitive limiting factor in which engine can make more power..

to compare to apples with apples roughly a 55w halogen globe like what’s in Camry produces around 1200-1400 lumens in a set controlled environment and a 35w HID would produce something like 3200 -3400 lumens(Lm) and lux takes in account the total area that the luminous flux (spread of lumens) is spread, basically more lumens can be spread over a larger longer wider area. A larger area needs more lumens to be lit properly but throwing watts of power at it isn’t necessarily the answer.

It's also incorrect to consider lux as a measure of lamp brightness as not all of the luminous flux is received by the human eye, and brightness is a perception of light and should only be used for non quantitative references to physiological sensations of light

i hope that makes half sense, not something I’ve had to try and explain to anybody who’s not within the professional lighting side of things of the music industry and working with these kind of things so it's a little tricky, so let me know if you can’t quite follow and ill have another crack at it for you smile.gif But essentially the two brands that make the best discharge lamps are Phillips and Osram, why? Because no other brand has the R&D or real world experiences and expertise of these two. Between them they supply all the lighting manufacture for the music and entertainment industry many of which make fixtures that produce in excess of 31000 lumens! In some pretty harsh environments

yeahh .. twice <_<

and both are a defect :) maybe its just me :P

just saiyin' :whistling:

edit:

397874_311849655533241_100001246268216_950275_417860314_n.jpg

awww shiiieeeeeeeeeettt , what were your HID kit temp ?? 8 k too ??

man i have Xenon white bulbs on atm and the view during rain at night is horrible can see a thing !

=-= even with high beams i put in (xenon white) is HORRIBLE . WTFF !!!

I'm planning to buy philips 4200k 35w on Ebay. I found 2 Oz seller as I don't want to get headache with china seller. But there are 2 seller with crazy different prices. 1 sell for the price of 249 and another one is 729+delivery. Both claims genuine. Any suggestion of which one to buy? Personally I prefer the 249 ones. Thx