aurion HID's

zedder

Cheapest but best quality i have found ( bought 4 sets for different cars) was from Ebay seller 95soarer Avg price is $100 give or take on the kit you buy!

I have 4300K 35W Low beams and 6000K 55W High beams, good combo but wanting to change the high beam to 4300K When i can be fooked :D

I'm planning to buy philips 4200k 35w on Ebay. I found 2 Oz seller as I don't want to get headache with china seller. But there are 2 seller with crazy different prices. 1 sell for the price of 249 and another one is 729+delivery. Both claims genuine. Any suggestion of which one to buy? Personally I prefer the 249 ones. Thx

I think it's best to buy Phillips from a Phillips rep there are too many fake and patented ones out there. But things to look out for it of course the security tag which can be tracked on the Phillips site, make sure there marked Phillips Germany and should have a red centre section.

I totally agree with Adamsy opinion, buying geniune the first time will save you a lot of time and trouble in the long run.

I own a Presara and it is a complete pain in the a..e to change the bulbs. I have posted about it before. I went on ebay and bought what I thought were geniune Phillips 4300 bulbs (total cost for 2 including shipping was about $100). They were CRAP! They started to flicker almost immediately, were less bright then the existing old ones I had and would turn off after 5 minutes. Turns out they were fakes which annoyed me because I was paying a bit more to get real ones. The ebay owner was nice though, he apologised and sent me 2 new fake ones! HAHAHA, I still have them if anyone wants them, happy to give away.

Long story short, I ended up buying another set of genuine Philips bulbs and made 100% sure with the seller. (total cost including shipping was about $150). Perfect, no issues and no stress.

I totally agree with Adamsy opinion, buying geniune the first time will save you a lot of time and trouble in the long run.

I own a Presara and it is a complete pain in the a..e to change the bulbs. I have posted about it before. I went on ebay and bought what I thought were geniune Phillips 4300 bulbs (total cost for 2 including shipping was about $100). They were CRAP! They started to flicker almost immediately, were less bright then the existing old ones I had and would turn off after 5 minutes. Turns out they were fakes which annoyed me because I was paying a bit more to get real ones. The ebay owner was nice though, he apologised and sent me 2 new fake ones! HAHAHA, I still have them if anyone wants them, happy to give away.

Long story short, I ended up buying another set of genuine Philips bulbs and made 100% sure with the seller. (total cost including shipping was about $150). Perfect, no issues and no stress.

yeah can i have em ??!? :)

and for future reference anyone whos wondering if they're fake or not check out this listing for clues of genuine products.

Clink Here :)

Edited by simplyvandinh

Where did you get it from?

Thanks.

I bought them here. I doubled checked with the seller prior to purchase due to my previous expensive mistake, the seller was very prompt and helpful with communication.

http://www.ebay.com....=item1e670150cf

Postage took about 2 weeks from US to Perth and as I mentioned before, they were just as good as the originals fitted and no issues so far.

Oh, I forgot to add. If you can't wait for shipping, you can buy it direct from Toyota Parts.....Cost? $450 for one!!!! 900 big ones for a pair and that's not including fitting, that another $200. Even the Toyota rep was shaking his head in disbelief when he saw the prices on the screen.

Edited by Kombi17

Yeah guys, unless you can be sure your goign to get the genuine thing id suggest just going to your local Phillips rep so you can be sure your getting what your paying for.

I've got 8k for my low, high and fogs, all were around $80+postage, one set were xentec ( whic I believe is fairly reputable and the other two are brand less but actually seem to be a much higher quality, once installed and adjusted ill leave a review of sorts

• 3 weeks later...

sorry guys...newbie here..what type of HID bulbs do i need for my 2008 aurion zr6??

You will need a H7 35W HID set

http://au.toyotaowne...s-to-hid-6000k/

Correction. The low beam bulb type on all grades of the Aurion except for the Presara is H11, This is answered in the FAQ for future reference.

No variation of the Aurion uses a H7 bulb.

thanks guys this is my first time using HIDs..instead of 35W im thinking about buying a 55W kit...can anyone let me know what are the advantages/disadvantages of getting a 55W kit over the 35W kit please?? ^_^

thanks guys this is my first time using HIDs..instead of 35W im thinking about buying a 55W kit...can anyone let me know what are the advantages/disadvantages of getting a 55W kit over the 35W kit please?? ^_^

the advantage of having a 55w is - you would be an 4sshole and blind people - but yeahh its very bright,

get 35w :] !

35W - They are the best for low beam headlights as they don't blind oncoming traffic or traffic your are behind.

With the low beam projector headlight assembly's the Aurion comes with you wont need 55W at all !

99% of us have 35W low beams and find they are more then sufficient for night time driving, if needing the extra light you can kick in the high beam (standard globe of 100W) or put in a 55W HID kit.

55W - They are so bright they are just almost not needed for urban driving, ive used them in urban and all you do is switch it on and off ( shortens the ballast life ) due to oncoming taffic. But if driving in the country/bush they are just awesome!

I have used 6000K ( White with tinge of blue ) in the Low and High beams, but find they are just not as good as they could be. So I have changed the low beam to 4300K ( Just a tad more white then Halogen ) and find suburban driving i can see more on the road under street light and also non street light areas.

4300K still provide the reflective properties that the other Kelvin coloured lights provide on cats eyes and street signs.

I have bought many kits from the eBay seller '95Soarer' and all have been good.

Links to the kits you need....

35W - H11 Connection Required / Choose your Colour

55W - HB3 (AKA 9005) Connection Required / Choose your Colour

guys i am totally confused...can someone point me in the right direction on how to install this new H11 HID kit ive bought...had a play around with the car but can seem to find out where all the wires connect up to...is there a diagram someone can draw me or show me by some chance...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jono ^_^

Its quite simple.

First put the bulb into the housing.

There should be 6 cables that came out from the bulb.

2 for power (without any socket) and usually black & Red - to be connected to the socket that plug into your old original bulb. Be extra careful as they are + & -. If the clip on the top then + will be on the right side. Its better for you to find out yourself.

4 others cables will become 3 sockets and they will need to get connected to the ballast. Just be careful for the 2 cables into 1 socket as the can be connected in both position.

Do I miss anything guys?

Edited by AurionFreak

Jono read this on how to install the HID kits.

http://hid.poirus.com.au/index.htm

Myself, i did what that tutorial does, when you've done it once, its easy!

Rough idea for Ballast locations.... just attach anywhere thats close to headlight assembly, and is out of the lower part of the car due to water. (self tapping screws assist this)

Passenger Side

post-21214-0-49326000-1331190922_thumb.j

Drivers Side

post-21214-0-68189800-1331190983_thumb.j

Yes u can do it without removing bumper, but for someone that dosent have a clue to mount, first time its better to remove, makes more room espicaly for someone like me that has big man hands :3

And removing also allows you to see what your doing.

If you ever do a high beam kit its almost 100% chance you will remove bumper as you have to F around with the assemblys <_>

+ HID is illegal, remove the bumper and placing where i have them makes them hidden completely, wiring and all!

• 1 year later...

K' is colour guys. The higher the bluer starting yellow white ......

THe watt is where it's at boy . If you want to blind every poor c$&t on the highway 100 watters!

Or are city drive able 35 watt for quick cruises.

Me finks anyhow. :/

K' is colour guys. The higher the bluer starting yellow white ......

THe watt is where it's at boy . If you want to blind every poor c$&t on the highway 100 watters!

Or are city drive able 35 watt for quick cruises.

Me finks anyhow. :/