david's sportivo :)

david.

Hey guys I've been a member of these forums for a good few months but never bothered to make one of these posts, guess there really is nothing to do on a rainy wednesday night :P

Lets start off with some basic info of my car

Model: 2003 Toyota Corolla Sportivo 2ZZ-GE 6SPD

Color: Silver

Purchase price: $9250

ODO when bought (10/05/2011): 108717

ODO to date (29/02/2012): 119568

Picked the baby up at Manheim Auctions in Altona. It was in very good condition and pretty much completely stock! Well except for leaking front shocks and it was sitting on low king springs. Plus the 2nd gear synchro was worn so that was a bummer :/

Pics:

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

Totally not digging that ugly front grille!

First off I picked up a set of HID lights (8000k). A bit bright but I did learn to adjust it down eventually :D Oh plus a set of eyelids, home-sprayed by me! It was my first ever time using a spray can so it didn't turn out too good. Haven't bothered taking them off and fix em up yet though, the double sided tape is a killer -.-

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Edited by david.

Next up I gave her her first shower!

IMG_0378.jpg

I got a set of HID's for my foggies next. Was looking to get 3000k HID's but they had none so impulsively I bought a set of 12000K HID's. Still have them as well, they help heaps on the freeway where there's barely any street lights.

IMG_0409.jpg

Of course, next I had to get my brake calipers painted red. RED MAKES IT GO FASTER!

IMG_0795.jpg

After I got it back I DIYed my black headlight surrounds with my mate and his celica. Such a pain in the ***** taking them apart! love the look though!

IMG_1018.jpg

Next up I got myself a 2.5" catback exhaust. I asked for a 3 inch outlet and they gave me a 4 inch cannon.

IMG_0984.jpg

It was so loud my brain hurted after 5 minutes from the vibration. Swapped it over for one with a smaller outlet but still with the round body. I was expecting an oval but I was sick of arguing with them so i just took it -.-

And lastly, I got a set of window visors and a whiteline front strut bar a few days ago, thanks to CUB41 :)

IMG_1151.jpg

sorry to hear about the accident. but shes looking good now!

where are you located? i think ive seen you around...

any other plans for her?

sorry to hear about the accident. but shes looking good now!

where are you located? i think ive seen you around...

any other plans for her?

haha I'm from around sunshine :P And yeah I got a cold air intake and '05 tail lights in the post, and a set of wingtips sitting in the garage which I haven't had time to get moulded on yet :D

yeah LOL and I was told it sounds like a honda, I got so offended :(

LOL.. That's a good one.

She's looking better by the pics.

Shame on the accident thou, could've spent the excess money on body kits department.. Bad luck..

**** happens..

Starting to look good mate.

What future mods do you hope to do? Need a set of HID foggies myself :spiteful:

haha go for it, foggies help heaps :P And I'm thinking of investing in coils/rims/brakes next, not anytime soon though since i got a major service (120,000km) lined up very soon and i start uni :(

haha go for it, foggies help heaps :P And I'm thinking of investing in coils/rims/brakes next, not anytime soon though since i got a major service (120,000km) lined up very soon and i start uni :(

Ahh your in the same boat as me ^_^ Uni and part time jobs are crap for doing mods! Where'd you get the foggies from? online?

Ahh your in the same boat as me ^_^ Uni and part time jobs are crap for doing mods! Where'd you get the foggies from? online?

yeah i bought them from ****** Australia, a number of people on these forums have something bad to say about them but they've been pretty good to me so far :P But I'd say get em off eBay, the places here probably import them from china anyway and raise the price cos they're based in Australia. And don't worry mate, I'm working at maccas. I think thats the worst it gets :P

yeah i bought them from ****** Australia, a number of people on these forums have something bad to say about them but they've been pretty good to me so far :P But I'd say get em off eBay, the places here probably import them from china anyway and raise the price cos they're based in Australia. And don't worry mate, I'm working at maccas. I think thats the worst it gets :P

Exact same god damn position as me LMFAO omg its horrible, need a new job asap!

Exact same god damn position as me LMFAO omg its horrible, need a new job asap!

oh wow guess we're all in the same boat ahaha. cant mod my car on crappy pay -.-

on crappy pay but u "mod smart" mate ;)

Modding smart as in waiting for your birthday for money and other random days from family? Thats what I've only got untill i get another job part time then i can start saving for some more mods on the car!

Thats smart :D

Forgot to take a couple of pics of my front strut last time :P Pretty bad quality pics, but it was getting dark.

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

And I got my '05 tail lights! They suit the corolla heaps better IMO.

IMG_1191.jpg

Did the JDM style tail lights too. costed about $10 for bulbs and globe holders were free :clap: (yep thats my awesome Eonon you can see through my rear windscreen! Jks it lags like hell on me :( )

IMG_1190.jpg

Waiting on 3 more things in the mail, I wonder which one would arrive first ^_^

The car got its 2nd service since I've bought it (120,000km, major service) and I came home to this!!!

IMG_1205.jpg

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! Beautiful piece of $320 polished metal :clap:

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

Obviously I put it in right away, its so pretty ^_^

IMG_1209.jpg

It was pouring with rain after i put it in so all i was getting when i went for a test drive was wheel spin when i put my foot down a little bit -.- Not sure if it was cos of my service as well but after I got my 2.5" catback the car was really really sluggish at low revs, but the cai seemed to fix that, feels heaps more responsive now! Can't believe I chose a catback exhaust first over a CAI back then when I had money!