New member to tocau

Hey guys and girls

being a new member just thought i would say hello

i drive a 93 camry thats out to prove the haters wrong

they can be more than a grandpas car lol

will be nice meeting and speaking with you all...

thanks buddy

when the camry gets it new coat of paint i will look forward to meeting up with everyone...

Untill then it doesnt really show its head in public unless its the regular trip to work...

hey Trent just read your build lol... Ill be looking at similar but im gonna keep the original head at this stage with some 2jz valve springs and a set of cams from web cams... People are still putting 300 down with original head so i dont see it as a limitation just yet... Look forward to getting to know everyone on here

what sort of power would you have been putting out before the turbo went on? If i was to stay na i would swap heads... Just approx number?

No idea(wasn't driven), but the compression was lowered to compensate for boost, so possibly less. The point of changing the head and using forged internals is to strengthen it, not to gain more power, that's the turbo's job.

I'll put money on the fact that if you don't do something about lowering compression and trying to hit 300(hp or KW?), especially with the FE head, you will spit head gaskets or bend rods like no tomorrow.

Just do a huge amount of research on the subject, look for 5S-GTE, 5S-FTE and 5S-GE builds. I will say, most the guys who have done 5S-FTE builds no longer have their cars for various reasons.

Come out to a Thursday meet if you can and I'll have a chat to you there about it.

where do you guys meet on Thursday's... Was planning forged internal's was also gonna use 3sge rods machining the journals to suit the rods... Have been researching for about 11 months just getting the money with 3 kiddies is hard lol but coming none the less... After paint this year i will bring it to a meet...

Mine's not even on the road(don't worry about paint), but I still rock up in either the Aurion or the Camry Wagon. Thursday's, 8pm at the Spring Hill Pool 400 Gregory Tce or Hoppy's Carwash at Bowen Hils if it is raining.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic/27430-the-brisbane-thread-weekly-meet-every-thursday-from-8pm/