Insurance

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately can't wait to move to QLD now. The rolla would cost me $609 to insure but the mini will only cost me:

Premium Amount $669

Quote Number QTE355727373

Your available Options

ACCIDENT RENTAL CAR $20

Policy Type: COMPREHENSIVE

12 month policy

Includes Third Party Property Damage up to $20 million

Car Use PRIVATE

Quote Valid to 09/11/2005

Your Car

2005 MINI COOPER S CABRIO JOHN COOPER WORKS R50 F/INJ 2D CABRIOLET S4 CYL 1.6L 6 SP MANUAL

You advised your car has no unrepaired damage

Amount Covered $54,700

The amount covered includes all non standard accessories and modifications noted on this policy

If your car becomes a write-off because of the damage or theft within the first 12 months of it's original registration, we will, at your choice, pay the amount covered or replace your car with a new car and pay the on-road costs.

Driver History

Rating RATING 1

In the last three years, number of:

Licence suspensions, cancellations or disqualifications 0

Accidents/claims where the main driver was responsible or the person responsible could not be identified 0

Theft 0

Excesses

STANDARD $400

FLEXI-PREMIUM EXCESS $0

Additional Driver Excesses

MALE DRIVERS UNDER 22 $700

MALES 22 AND UNDER 25 $500

FEMALE DRIVERS UNDER 22 $600

FEMALES 22 AND UNDER 25 $400

DRIVERS 25 AND OVER BUT LICENCED UNDER 2 YEARS $200

An excess on your policy is the amount you have to pay towards each claim.

Modifications

You advised us there are no modifications on the car.

Non Standard Accessories

You advised us there are no additional accessories on the car.

Endorsements

You cannot claim if the driver of this car is under 30 years of age. This restriction does not apply when the car is driven by members of the motor trade for repair or servicing.

If you are an existing AAMI customer and would like us to review this endorsement to your policy, please email or telephone us on 13 22 44 and refer to the above 'Quote Number'.

line

That covers the thing for lik $55K :D

I'm being ripped off, i'm a 33yr old chick with a clean driving record and i'm paying $1100 with NRMA and they were the cheapest.

FFFAAAARRRKKK!! i'm a 26y/o male $690...RACV! Clean Driving record....not one claim!

I'm being ripped off, i'm a 33yr old chick with a clean driving record and i'm paying $1100 with NRMA and they were the cheapest.

Its because you are in Sydney, I currently pay over $1,200 30 year old Male clean record max no claim, NRMA were even more than that. One more reason why im moving to Bris :).

• 1 year later...

well it was that time of the year again for me.

After taking my car back to stock I was still quoted $1275 from Just Cars with their stupidly high excesses.

AAMI was WORSE at $1550 and didn't get much more satisfaction from the other major insurers either.

I chose to go with REAL car insurance (the ones with the add where they refund 10% of your premiums after 3 years continued coverage) Full Comprehensive for $20,000 with Wheels $1600, locknuts, Rear skirt, tinted windows, metallic paint and alarm all covered for... ~$800. I was stoked... :yahoo: and the excess is $500 if I'm at fault in a claim.

The only poor point I could see was that their quoted market value was $17,500, so I opted for agreed value. I also got excess free windscreen replacement cover.

Male

23 years old

AAMI

Full comprehensive

rating one

rating one protection

accidental rental car (up to ten days costs me 15$ all up :))

$1183 pa (normal excess = standard + age = 900 $ total)

agreed value /market value if higher = $25,300 (3,300 $ more than i payed for the car :)

One mod allowed (unlimited once 25 as long as i tell them)CAI coming very soon :spiteful::spiteful:

AAMI FTW :toast: , all i need to do though is book in for the free driver training course to get another 10 % off and when i turn 25 next year it drops by heaps....and more mods can occur...warranty ends on car then too soo def some mods i think :)

Oh yeah forgot....this is with One accident in the last 3 years which was my fault

another reason why i sold my old stivo.... (apart from being a piece os SA made rubbish that toyota refused to fix under waranty!)

For same details, a 2002 gt forester is cheaper to ensure than a sportivo now! :yahoo:

still read here ocasionally waiting for my old cars owner to join as it only sold from the dealer last week or two (6 months to sell it after trade in hahahahahahahaha, i know im the winner there as they sold it for same $$$ i traded it in for and it still had vibration at 90kmh plus, but sold from a dealer that only had 70kmh roads near by).

shop around every year, but with mods its limited to a few now (out of working for car insurance now and happier for it).

thats my 2c, keep the change