sportivo help?

im gonna change to a 3A racing pod to see what the go is, hopefully ill know whether or not its back to 600km+ per tank by the end of next week.

Dead o2 sensor? Does the exhaust smell really fuelly, or does your oil? Need to be careful of overfueling as too much fuel can wash the thin film of oil off of the bores.

Which CAI did you install? If the airflow to the MAFS isn't good it can read wrong and give all sorts of issues such as overfueling.

i installed the Injen CAI. I got a mechaninc that has previously installed one on a sportivo before hand. Ill take some photos and post them to see if anythings missing. The exhaust does smell slightly richer on some start ups. Mechanic also ran a hose attached from the CAI down to the fins of the front bar which its sitting between, apparently he says it was so that hot air can escape whilst the pod sucks in cold air. Ill post a pic up of it tomorrow.

Edited by flopper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you install the injen rd2082? Because mine also has the hole at the top but I wasn't sure what the hose did so I just blocked it off, mine seems to be working fine :)

im gonna change to a 3A racing pod to see what the go is, hopefully ill know whether or not its back to 600km+ per tank by the end of next week.

Dead o2 sensor? Does the exhaust smell really fuelly, or does your oil? Need to be careful of overfueling as too much fuel can wash the thin film of oil off of the bores.

Which CAI did you install? If the airflow to the MAFS isn't good it can read wrong and give all sorts of issues such as overfueling.

i installed the Injen CAI. I got a mechaninc that has previously installed one on a sportivo before hand. Ill take some photos and post them to see if anythings missing. The exhaust does smell slightly richer on some start ups. Mechanic also ran a hose attached from the CAI down to the fins of the front bar which its sitting between, apparently he says it was so that hot air can escape whilst the pod sucks in cold air. Ill post a pic up of it tomorrow.

So here are the pictures, hopefully they come up:

So here are the pictures, hopefully they come up:

post-26262-0-43079900-1337665304_thumb.j

post-26262-0-73014000-1337665357_thumb.j

post-26262-0-31579200-1337665427_thumb.j

post-26262-0-46381800-1337665486_thumb.j

post-26262-0-41294400-1337665627_thumb.j

i have the exact same set up withouut that tube coming from the top of the intake,not sure what that does?

i have the exact same set up withouut that tube coming from the top of the intake,not sure what that does?

How did you block it off?

what did you use to block it off?

It's running bad becuase you have a vacuum leak. That big hose going to the front needs to be blocked off at the CAI. Head to supercheap/autobarn/et cetera for a cap. Just think, it's letting in unfiltered air, so fix that immediately. Also, that blue cylindrical thing also needs to be blocked off. You can either block it off where it connects to the plenum and remove the extra, or fold it back on itself and zip tie it. I'm surprised it's driveable.

Did u block off all the required vacuum hoses ? If there is any

I blocked all the necessary hoses off. As I said, it works fine when im in gear, but if i switch out of gear into neutral the engine stays running, then after 5-15 seconds it just gives me a CEL and switches the car off.

FOR REAL !?

I just saw the pics they arnt blocked off...

Unplug the battery, give it 30 minutes (probably not even required that long), reconnect the battery and it's reset. The auto windows will also reset; so to make them auto again pull the lever up (with the window closed) and hold for a few seconds until you hear a soft click, then it's fixed.

thanks for that superdave,if you didn't tell me about the window i would of been like WTF is wrong with it LOl.. cheers mate!

i just blocked it with a 15mm rubber chair leg cap from clarkes rubber, but i need to replace it now since its got alot of cracks and there is a hissing noise coming from it

It's running bad becuase you have a vacuum leak. That big hose going to the front needs to be blocked off at the CAI. Head to supercheap/autobarn/et cetera for a cap. Just think, it's letting in unfiltered air, so fix that immediately. Also, that blue cylindrical thing also needs to be blocked off. You can either block it off where it connects to the plenum and remove the extra, or fold it back on itself and zip tie it. I'm surprised it's driveable.

Will do. Ill head to super cheap on Thursday to sort it out. Just a quick question, what is the blue cyclindrical thing and where is the plenum?

And to Prozak, apologies, i thought everything was blocked off until i got feed back from everyone.

That blue Thingi correct me if I'm

Wrong bits it's a one way valve ? Something to do with your stock air box flap that opens up when in lift

I checked that blue cylindrical bit, and its already been blocked off.

As for the actual CAI where the hose connects to it, im going to block it off with a 15mm grommet, is that the right plugging tool to use?

Wrong bits it's a one way valve ? Something to do with your stock air box flap that opens up when in lift

As for the actual CAI where the hose connects to it, im going to block it off with a 15mm grommet, is that the right plugging tool to use?

Long as its blocked off bud !

Let us know how you go

Long as its blocked off bud !

Let us know how you go

No worries. One more thing, once its blocked, should i reset ECU? or is there no need?

Quick update, finally got it plugged with a rubber cap. Turns out the hose was the issue all along. Big thanks to prozak and superdave for the input. No longer switching off when in neutral. Will do a ECU reset on the weekend as it seems to be driving okay for the moment.