sportivo help?

hey guys,

ive recently installed a Injen CAI into my sportivo, probably about 2 weeks ago and yes there were definitely increases in power and noise but today when i felt like lifting it, it didnt seem as powerful or as loud, nor was the kick in noticeable??

this has happened to me a few times before, my sportivo is quick some days and just average on the others?????

im not sure what the problem is??

can someone give me some light on this and some possible solutions?

cheers

michael

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did u reset ur ecu? if u drive it around normally, then the ecu learns that u are driving like a granny so it will read and feed fuel as granny spec. occasionally lift will seem like normal when ur DOING IT EVERY FREAKEN TIME :lol:

Possible filter issue in the heads for vvti ? Vvtli ?

Are you talking about by yourself and with other people? Cause i know when I have passengers lift is c r aP !! It stays in lift for ages and doesn't go anywhere, try going from the gong to c-town up the mountain, lift for ages haha

I only hit it once or twice every second day, but I have been driving like a granny lately, maybe the ECU has picked up on that? I know that the filters for vvtli and vvti are okay because I had to clean them the day I got the car because lift wasn't working lol and I'm talking about lifting the car alone, without passengers, I think I might change the air filter and reset ECU?

Good option?

Lift wasn't working because the previous owner was a lady who didn't change the oil and never put the correct oil in, I checked the strainers and I think I used your DIY thread and they were pretty clogged and dirty, so I cleaned them and lift has worked ever since :) this morning I went for a run and the car went as it should :D but I'm not sure why it has it good days and bad days???

Reset the ECU. Drive it as it should be and change gears no lower than 3.5k rpm. Hit lift from stand still on the fwy during off peak hours. Just give sufficient time for the engine to adjust to your driving.

Get the car serviced. New oils, fluids and replace what ever is worn out (i.e. belts, chain, hoses, fuel filter, etc). Then begin your performance analysis with the car.

when i first got my black beast, my uncle and i checked thru out the car and found the fluids were dirty, oil wasn't changed like the previous owner said he'd done a service, but was a load of bullocks. after that using engine flush once i changed religiously every 5k for 20k, then extended it to 7k and then 10k. make sure u change the filter too. i use baldwin (B37) filter

cleaned the throttle body, replaced the fuel filter, the air filter/pod. THEN i reset the ECU. car runs much stronger now over time. just need abit more TLC as long as the previous owner didnt rape it.

^^^^ I did that

Every 5k when bought it, all fluids changed, since then slowly 7k now 10k, I use ac delco filter ac046 I think, and royal purple oil, clean the pody, tell u what it hammers now!

Cheers for all that guys, at the moment I'm changing the oils every 5k, I've only owned the car for 5k lol so this is my second change of oils, I've got the redline mt-90 for my gb, penrite sin0 (0w-50) and I'm ordering a 3A racing pod aswell but not sure where abouts to get the baldwin oil filter?? Also does anyone recommend the TRD Oil filter?? And as for cleaning the throttle body, do I just use throttle body cleaner or is there another method??

Also does anyone recommend the TRD Oil filter?? And as for cleaning the throttle body, do I just use throttle body cleaner or is there another method??

I'm using TRD oil filter. Works nicely. Oil is still a light to medium honeycomb colour even after 8,000 kms.

As for cleaning the throttle body, I believe there is a DIY in the workshop submission section.

Ive always used the same oil and filter on my car and never had to muck around with resetting anything , never had any issues what so ever and it's still the tightest one ive driven.. what the hell do you blokes do to your cars...

Ive always used the same oil and filter on my car and never had to muck around with resetting anything , never had any issues what so ever and it's still the tightest one ive driven.. what the hell do you blokes do to your cars...

I never had to either. My car drives hard. Your car had been well kept since the previous owner was an enthusiast himself with a 4age engine suspended in mid air in the garage. Only reason I didn't buy that blue one of yours when it was on carsales back in 2009 was because I was after a white one 😊

...just need abit more TLC as long as the previous owner didnt rape it.

Duy, the previous owner molested in just about every wrong way.

HOW DID YOU KNOW THIS??? :P

Well ever since you owned it, you fed it right, bought it a few pairs of shoes and a brand spanking new dress 😜

Well ever since you owned it, you fed it right, bought it a few pairs of shoes and a brand spanking new dress

lol ok whats that thing at the end of ur post? my fail browser doesnt show it :(

Well ever since you owned it, you fed it right, bought it a few pairs of shoes and a brand spanking new dress ��

lol ok whats that thing at the end of ur post? my fail browser doesnt show it :(

this little emoticon is winking and poking his tongue out at the same time, couldnt see it through my browser either but iphone showed it :)

as for how my car is performing at the moment, it is driving quite strong but i am doing the service this weekend so i can let you all know how it goes.

ive tried looking for the throttle body cleaning DIY but i cant seem to find it, anyone wanna share a link or write up?

cheers

sorry to hi jack thread, but whilst we're on the topic of injen CAI i thought id continue in this post. I installed mine this evening, and i noticed that when i let it roll in neutral down hill, it gives me a CEL and also switches the car off. Any of the gurus care to elaborate why it does this, and also what can be done to fix it other than not rolling down hill in neutral?

Thanks.

what model injen CAI did you use?

i used the injen RD2082p courtesy of CUB41 :D and all i had to do was block off the 25mm hole on top, as for all the leftover hoses from the stock airbox, i just left them and it works like a charm.

im sure you have to do something with them but not too sure???