Smashed up!

negatron

Hi all,

Just rear ended a suzuki swift (the new one) and i was going pretty fast.

slammed the breaks at 65 about 3 cars away and skidded all the way to impact.

So my front end is completely screwed now.

Can anyone recommend me a good repairer near Mount Waverley in Vic?

Ouch man  :( 

Roads were a little wet last night. You going to claim it under insurance?

Was the other party pretty cool about it?

I was just thinking the other day...I have never damaged any vehicle i have driven, not even a scratch, although i have had many a close call (normally a result of someone elses incompetence) - but. If i was sitting at some traffic lights or something and some clown smashed me in the rear... :angry:

i KNOW i would get out and go for the biff (only if it were a guy of course). The farker broke my car!

I would definitely not be cool about it

well, the swift will prob need a new rear bumper and possible a new rear hatch. other wise in good keep.

I'm up for a new bonnet, new front bumper, possibly a new radiator, grille, and possibly some work on the front struture (the bit the bumper bar is bolted onto.)

most definitely have to go through insurance, thats way over $850 damage

Were you checking out your good looks in the mirror? :lol:

ROFLMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the important thing is that your alright man. that's all that matters.

you might as well get an aftermarket kit and bonnet then .. prob cheaper than original toyota body parts

i use DT myself but not for insurance work. the good thing about DT is that they listen and willing to redo work until you are satisfied.

but for insurance work you should consider a larger shop that is racv/aami etc certified therefore you get lifetime warranty and can complain about the work should you be unsatisfied with it.

try any of the sheen group. one of the best is graeme cuthbert prestige collision repairer in box hill.

they have all the equipment and at any given day you walk in they will have something like 2 million worth of cars. be careful though depending on the rep you get they can be snobbish. but when it comes to insurance claims they would be glad to take your business. they are snobs when they can sense you are shopping around for quotes.

they also have loan car available and you would most likely get the current model corolla.

Hey all,

I've settled on Nicholas body works near box hill mostly coz they can start work much faster than the others and the loaner car was immediatly available.

I asked them to see if they can replace my smashed chromey grill (sob) with the sports one and hopefully will get foggies put in too.

Well, $850 for a new grille and foggies seems like the most rip of mod yet. but well, like big bum said, at least no one got hurt.

p.s. If anyone here has any good after market bonnets sources (marcus?) pls let me know!

like, something with an integrated bonnet scoop like the new liberty would be awesome! I think i've seen a rolla at an auto show with one but i can't remember.

Hey all,

I've settled on Nicholas body works near box hill mostly coz they can start work much faster than the others and the loaner car was immediatly available.

I asked them to see if they can replace my smashed chromey grill (sob) with the sports one and hopefully will get foggies put in too.

Well, $850 for a new grille and foggies seems like the most rip of mod yet. but well, like big bum said, at least no one got hurt.

p.s. If anyone here has any good after market bonnets sources (marcus?) pls let me know!

like, something with an integrated bonnet scoop like the new liberty would be awesome! I think i've seen a rolla at an auto show with one but i can't remember.

i think c-one has a carbon fibre one with bonnet scoop

sorry to hear about the car Kevin.... hope you are ok, and there are no injuries to anyone else.... i know what it is like to have someone hit you from behind...

doesnt look like too much damage to the car, but it still hurts

Edited by HDACHE

techie on the move in nunawading is the only place for corolla carbon bonnets in melb. they have original style and also with centre scoop. start from $650 i believe which is probably cheaper than getting oem and having that painted.

techie on the move in nunawading is the only place for corolla carbon bonnets in melb. they have original style and also with centre scoop. start from $650 i believe which is probably cheaper than getting oem and having that painted.

yer get aftermarket bonnet and front bar

Hey hey,

Bob the rolla is back! And now with foggies!

Decided I preferred my chromey grill instead of the the TRD one so now the legend of the Bling bling Hilux can live on!

Edited by negatron

Hey hey,

Bob the rolla is back! And now with foggies!

Decided I preferred my chromey grill instead of the the TRD one so now the legend of the Bling bling Hilux can live on!

that's the way mateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D