Regarding Gloss Problem 03 Sportivo

Firstly hello everyone! Been a while since i have logged on been so busy with personal stuff in my life lately.

Here is my problem and i hope some experienced sportivo owners or toyota owners can help me out.

I own a 2003 corolla sportivo. I have noticed i have gloss peeling on certain parts of my car, on my wing, side mirrors, door handles, basically my plastics.

I have attached some pictures. I have been to a smash repairer who said this is not wear and tear but a defect in the gloss job. I contacted toyota who said it is out if warranty (obviously) and they cannot help me out. I would like to know does anyone here every had this issue. The car is kept clean, not garaged but also not put into situations that can damage my paint.

Thanks all

I am having trouble upload pictures on here so just going to post direct links hope that does not break the rules.. sorry!

1. http://i50.tinypic.com/sm3fo7.jpg

2. http://i46.tinypic.com/4huzw5.jpg

Edited by trd-benji

If its just Wing tip and side mirrors and little things that can be resprayed, can't exactly say why it's peeling and it's a defect from toyo, mines fine

But

Has it been resprayed or in an accident before to have been reprinted before ?

if your looking to repair them, just get them resprayed, its much easier, as for the reason why its peeling, if your car is parked out in direct sunlight most of the day then that is one main reason why gloss starts might start to fade and peel. also what Prozak said, if its been resprayed it may be the repairers fault.

well for labour for taking all the parts off and stripping back pain and re-spray and re-gloss a mate who did a dinted panel for very cheap and it will cost me roughly 1800

factory paint protection, good for the 1st few years but then this happens after awhile or if the car is cut and polished alot.

is that 1800 for just the mirrors and wings?

its hard to tell what the problem is..

$1800 for just the mirror and wing? thats a rip! should go ask around a few places to get a better price.

Na 1800 for all door handles wing, part of the boot above boot hinge, and one side mirror.. However I can pay that I can't afford it... Then the peeling begin! Lol

you can almost get a full respray for that price,

You can almost get a "dodgy" respray for that much, alot of people don't know how much a proper respray really costs, there's ALOT of preparation involved such as sanding back, filing, filling then sanding again, then removal of some panels, masking and taping then primer then sanding for high and low spots again and then colour, then more sanding then gloss.

you can almost get a full respray for that price,

You can almost get a "dodgy" respray for that much, alot of people don't know how much a proper respray really costs, there's ALOT of preparation involved such as sanding back, filing, filling then sanding again, then removal of some panels, masking and taping then primer then sanding for high and low spots again and then colour, then more sanding then gloss.

that would be called a back yard spray painter but i don't think they will do half the stuff you said LOL.. ( NO OFFENCE im a apprentice spray painter myself)

• 2 months later...

Gday, I have a 1994 Corolla CSX Seca and my paint clear coat started to peel a tiny little bit on the bonnet a few years ago. Almost the whole car is devoid of clear coat now and it looks U-G-L-Y. Get onto it ASAP before it becomes worse! Or, get it touched up and sell it.

Oh and I did dumb stuff like cut and polished it which I am convinced didn't help it at all. Have bought a white car now so less worry about that kind of stuff

Edited by swaz