ENGINE OIL COLOUR AFTER USING BP ULTIMATE

CROCO

Hi everyone, I dont know if I imagining things or not, but after a few tankfull of bp ultimate,I have noticied that my engine oil seems to get colour in it quicker.

I bought my kluger second hand so the previous owner probadly wouldnt be as fussy as I would be with servicing and oil changes.

I wonder if its all the old soot over the past 86000kms and the cleansing agents of the bp ultimate at work cleaning the engine internals and all the old soot going in the oil ,I dont know, it could me imagining things again, the oil isnt black or dark brown , it seems a little bit more golden in colour than it was before I used bp ultimate.

I would like to know if anyone else has exsperienced the same problem, or is it in my head.

Placebo.

Getting those post counts up and saving wear on the old keyboard guys?

For OP.... We had a Nissan Patrol from new and had it's first oil change at 40,000 k. Sold it with 360,000k on it a couple of years ago and we still see it getting around.

Yours is fine.

Petrol is petrol as long as you avoid anything with E10 in it.

The most critical thing to maintain on modern engines is the cooling system.... get that wrong (which happens a lot) and then there is a real problem to worry about.

Thanks guys, Im pretty fussy with my oil changes and services, I only use genuine filters and parts.

I change my oil every 5000kms, I was looking through the service manual and my heart sunk a bit that it had missed a couple of services, so the the change in the colour of the oil could be due to me changing the oil more regulary, so the engine might be cleaning itself as you change the oil.

My local toyota dealer said that will happen over time as you change the oil more regulary, the engine will clean itself.So using bp ultimate, like you said mighten have anything to do with it.

We will see what happens.

Barney those patrols are one tough truck, my uncle had one it had over 500000kms on it and it never missed a beat, he never even had to put a spanner on it.

Placebo.

No, actually placebo. Engine is getting older, hence more wear with each oil change, regardless of fuel used and oil change frequency.

Happy now princess?

I don't get why everyone gets so hyped up about post counts. Chillax people.

LAWL :D whats the problem? +1 post count is good. i'm trying to catch up to you D :P

edit: OP has received his answer and seems satisfied. thread closed.