Stock Speakers, help me out all.....

Grey-Rolla

Sup all, i was just wondering has anyone tried running corolla stock speakers in conjuction with and amp and sub???

Does anyone know how it sounds???

Coz i wanna run my stoke speakers untill i get my aftermarkets ones.

Also does anyone know where theres a good audio store that stock MTX, PUNCH, FUSION and so on???

PLEASE GIVE ME A YELL COROLLA BOYZ :huh: :P :D

well i want deep base and im a newbie at this, so if anyone can help with ideas i will appreciate it alot, right now i got a 4 channel rockford amp 900 output...

I got a Pioneer sub in a box but its not mine, so i need to browse around for one..

:P i got a 45 by 4 jvs deck hehe which needs to be replace....

i just saw the add at soundmaster in sydney they look pretty good....

HELP SOS :lol:

well i want deep base and im a newbie at this, so if anyone can help with ideas i will appreciate it alot, right now i got a 4 channel rockford amp 900 output...

I got a Pioneer sub in a box but its not mine, so i need to browse around for one..

:P i got a 45 by 4 jvs deck hehe which needs to be replace....

i just saw the add at soundmaster in sydney they look pretty good....

HELP SOS :lol:

so you want deep, then you'd go for a ported sub box enclosure instead of a sealed one. sealed one will give u a tight punchy bass. the ported ones will give that boom effect and quite a deep one too depending what subs u go for. and of course, get yourself a mono amp to power it.

dual voice coil subs are the way to go. dun ask me why, they just are :P

if ur gonna amp your stock speakers, they will blow down the track because they weren't designed to be amped. they're wattage is low. so don't amp them.

another thing, the stock speakers sound pretty good for what they are. so if all you want is the extra bass like some people... an amp and subby is all u need.

i might have not made sense there, but correct me if im wrong anybody. thanks.

i guess it depends on if ur gonna fully do up the system later, if so maybe just go for a cheap amp and sub package, possibly an alpine S or R sub and then go all out next time, or u can go MTX jackhammer!!! pimp my ride style :P

i guess it depends on if ur gonna fully do up the system later, if so maybe just go for a cheap amp and sub package, possibly an alpine S or R sub and then go all out next time, or u can go MTX jackhammer!!! pimp my ride style :P

Arent Alpine Type R very expensive?? but i heard they are very good..

The jack hammer is just crazy.... :P

The Type X are the most expensive ;)

erm i guess it depends on what u think is expensive, they came out with a new version of the R and S about 1 or 2 years ago, replacing the ones off 'fast and furious' so maybe u can get them pretty cheap, a friend of mine bought his just before the new ones came out, and they're still pretty good, can't remember how much though

Alpine R are nice and quite versatile.

I've experimented with one. By placing it in a small sealed enclosure and it gave great tight/sharp base. Then I placed the same one in an enclosure that was double the size of the previous one, still sealed and it put out deep elongated bass. So you can have either type of sound with the same sub, just change the enclosure which if you're on a budget you can make yourself with some MDF, Silicone and Carpet.

Edited by IZZ-FE

Alpine R are nice and quite versatile.

I've experimented with one.  By placing it in a small sealed enclosure and it gave great tight/sharp base.  Then I placed the same one in an enclosure that was double the size of the previous one, still sealed and it put out deep elongated bass.  So you can have either type of sound with the same sub, just change the enclosure which if you're on a budget you can make yourself with some MDF, Silicone and Carpet.

Personally i am running 2xDual Voice coil Alpine Type S (the new ones) with an MDR350 amp in a double closed box and they are pretty good. I heard a pair of type Rs before getting the type S and they are a bit more rugged, designed for higher end amplification (they cost an extra $120 than the type s'). But a single type S and MDR350 amp (350w RMS mono) as well as box will cost you about $500-$600, a great deal for what you get though. A cheaper combo will only save you maybe $100 but be nowhere near the quality of the aforementioned system(eg, low range pioneer subs, kicker, xplodes, etc). If you have some cash to throw around, go for a Boston or MTX setup i would say, but be prepared to shell out over 4 figures $$$$.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got 2 Type S and 2 Clarion V-Net Series 2100 up for sale? Anyone want them? But selling them witout a box, as the box will be used for another project. The whole system punches about 400rms.

j0hn3.,

I've got 2 Type S and 2 Clarion V-Net Series 2100 up for sale? Anyone want them? But selling them witout a box, as the box will be used for another project. The whole system punches about 400rms.

j0hn3.,

place this in the buy/sell section also?...might get a bit more interest

Hey well i got my amp and sub, i got a Rockford sup 12 dual voice coil and a 4 channel Rockford Amp, i was wondering why doesnt make bass adjustment on the amp u unit to control the bass from the sub??? i was wondering if bass control on amp unit nesessary??? Because i want to reduce the base comming out from the speakers, so its clear while higher bass comming from the woofer?

Dilema :D

put the channel that is connected to the sub to the Low pass filter and also have to do with the head unit that u have..... does yours have a delicated sub out RCA.....?

another thing that helps is the rca pre out voltage, mine is 5V so u don't have to stress the amp gain hence lower distortion.....