UNICHIP

I have now had the Unichip and TRD extractors fitted. Damn the car is fast. No hesitation. The torque hole seems to have disapppeared. I have gained approx 40nm of Torque at the wheels and KW well thats my secret :ph34r::ph34r: the car drives completly different. :D :D : Mind you has been a expensive week for all of the above almost $3000. :(. Put your foot down and seeya.....

Cool peekay, i guess your Stivo can beat the Type R and WRX now with that much more torque and an undisclosed power figure. I would guess you made an extra 15-20kw at the wheels from UniChip, TRD Extractors and CAI. That would make your Stivo produce approx. 160kw and 220nm flywheel figures :o :o Not bad considering no engine mods were undertaken. Probably with cams you would make another 10kw! That will make your Stivo fly around with 6s 0-100! Man, i would love to see you take on an S2000! Just remeber to bring a video recorder along nowadays :lol:

peekay, if u got a uni chip installed then your car had to be dynoed to tune it. have u got the dyno print out?, if not ask for one. i have looked up the unichip and had to guys explain to me that they need the car to be on the dyno for a couple of hours to tune it right.

Spent Saturday with Peekay in his car. All I can say is 'WOW'. 3rd gear is just awesome!!!

We both received the extractors together. To warn all you guys mine do not fit properly and the extractors need to be modified. Apparently Toyota changed the head on the 2zzg motor for all cars built after July 2003. The extractors are made for the pre July 2003 engine.

Damn... As I have to drive my old car while my Stivo lies in pieces waiting for the extrators to be modified. I do not know what mods are required as my Toyota dealer have organized them for me. All I know is it had a massive exhaust leak as they were. I luv my Dealer :rolleyes:

You guy'z...i am so jealous! Ilivfor6 sorry to hear about your drama's mate. Just keep thinking about all those Astra SRI Turbo's you will smack at the lights now on :lol: Dam astra owned me at the lights the other day..grrrr.. wonder if i can get an extra 3 grand extension on the loan <_<

IM GREEN WITH ENVY! :lol:

congrats! thats very resourceful on ur behalf. u now have the quikest stivo in aust, maybe in the world!

its good to see some decent mods appearing on the market.

i think there will be many more once the eclipse (with the worked stivo engine) establishes itself on the market.

Ilivfor6: plz let me know how it turns out with your extractors, as i too will be purchasing them

peekay34: so if we call up uni chip and say we want a chip for the stivo, will they know of what we speak and give us the same thing you got?

ps: hows that effect your warrantee?

Is better to do alll mods before doing Unichip as any changes may require a retune. Warranty ...pass probably not. And depends where you go re who knows what I went to one of the better Unichip tuners in Melbourne.

Dyno chart you ask don't you believe me....... Not sure I will post the chart because it was given to me in Tune mode and also on a Hot day so will not show as bigger figures as it should be ...I would like to see the figures from the standard car. Also each Dyno is different. Lets just say that I would be turning over an estimated 115 kw at wheels in shootout mode for a normally aspirated car that is only 1.8 litres well need I say more. Considering based on other tests the normal car only turns out approx 90kw+ this is a major gain. Also I am waiting to scan the chart as I don't have the ability to scan at the moment. Also the trouble with this forum at times is that no body beleives you unless you have it signed in triplicate in blood and 20 photographs to back it up and even then you get questioned. ;) ;)

I was looking at the Unichip/APS website and the graph they have for a Celica has about 103kw at the wheels stock, and about 116kw after chipping.

There's no indication if other mods were done to that car, but there's no reason to expect that the same motor would behave differently in the Stivo, right?

Edit -- An interesting thing is that graphs for the VTEC cars (1.6 Civic and 1.8 Integra) had no discernible bump in power or torque at lift, the way ours do.. They BOTH also had only about 90kw at the wheels stock.