NOT a win

on my way home tonight a GTS T 33 skyline and a silvia were racing both turbod , i was behind them and had to wait for there take off before i could move into a third lane so they obviously had a good jump on me, now they both had huge ***** exhausts and not sure what else was modified, the silvia was kaining it flicking a little sideways when changing gear second and third they were pretty much head to head the whole time

now my part in this race was the fact that i was racing behind sorta watching but if a passing chance came i would take it although i found that highly unlikely haha,

anyways i got to about 140km and not even realising how fast i was going i found myself catching and quite rapidly too i was so damn amazed i couldnt beleive it, i looked down and i was doing almost 170 and i consider myself a fairly sensible driver considering so i sorta freaked and backed off straight after that, ( by freaked i dont mean **** **** **** lol just sorta thought damn i better back off lol)

the skyline also backed off a second later and the silvia flashed his hazards and the skyline took the next corner, then the silvia slowed down for me so i dropped to second only going about 70 at this point, and just flew straight past him so it kinda wasnt worth anything really i dont think he was ready lol

ok anyways the whole point to this is not that i won anything it was just that i was so amazed that i was actually catching and how fast i was catching the both of them,

i didnt even think it was possible for our sportivos to be pulling that quick in 4th gear compared to both those cars in power and torque i was quite amazed really

anyway guys just thought i would share that with you cus i am quite proud of these cars considering i come from a history of V8's and worked 6's lol

cheers

Edited by evl_50a

on my way home tonight a GTS T 33 skyline and a silvia were racing both turbod , i was behind them and had to wait for there take off before i could move into a third lane so they obviously had a good jump on me, now they both had huge ***** exhausts and not sure what else was modified, the silvia was kaining it flicking a little sideways when changing gear second and third they were pretty much head to head the whole time

now my part in this race was the fact that i was racing behind sorta watching but if a passing chance came i would take it although i  found that highly unlikely haha,

anyways i got to about 140km and not even realising how fast i was going i found myself catching and quite rapidly too i was so damn amazed i couldnt beleive it,  i looked down and i was doing almost 170 and i consider myself a fairly sensible driver considering so i sorta freaked and backed off straight after that, ( by freaked i dont mean **** **** **** lol just sorta thought damn i better back off lol)

the skyline also backed off a second later and the silvia flashed his hazards and the skyline took the next corner, then the silvia slowed down for me so i dropped to second only going about 70 at this point, and just flew straight past him so it kinda wasnt worth anything really i dont think he was ready lol

ok anyways the whole point to this is not that i won anything it was just that i was so amazed that i was actually catching and how fast i was catching the both of them,

i didnt even think it was possible for our sportivos to be pulling that quick in 4th gear compared to both those cars in power and torque i was quite amazed really

anyway guys just thought i would share that with you cus i am quite proud of these cars considering i come from a history of V8's and worked 6's lol

cheers

yeah i think the 2zz and 1zz engines pull very well for their 1.8L size, although i would say either the GTST and Silvia werent really going flat out, or they are not really tuned. The stock turbo's of these cars (even with exhaust mods) arent really that quick unless they have had some serious work done and in the higher gears, unless they are running high boost (12+psi) their turbo's will run out of puff in the higher gears.

What would be cool though, is a car that you can cruise with in 4th and when you floor it...the wheels light up :D But these things dont happen without $$$$$$$$$ :(

yeah i do understand that something must be up with that cus i know that there is know way i would have been gaining on them if they were modified properly so they probably were both stock with just a zorst and without a tune but then again thats only what ive got too

oh well anyways it doesnt matter it was more of a rave lol no one really needed to know this i knew it wasnt gonna help them sleep any better lol

now my part in this race was the fact that i was racing behind sorta watching but if a passing chance came i would take it although i  found that highly unlikely haha,

anyways i got to about 140km and not even realising how fast i was going i found myself catching and quite rapidly too i was so damn amazed i couldnt beleive it,   i looked down and i was doing almost 170 and i consider myself a fairly sensible driver considering so i sorta freaked and backed off straight after that, ( by freaked i dont mean **** **** **** lol just sorta thought damn i better back off lol)

cheers

yeah i think the 2zz and 1zz engines pull very well for their 1.8L size, although i would say either the GTST and Silvia werent really going flat out, or they are not really tuned. The stock turbo's of these cars (even with exhaust mods) arent really that quick unless they have had some serious work done and in the higher gears, unless they are running high boost (12+psi) their turbo's will run out of puff in the higher gears.

What would be cool though, is a car that you can cruise with in 4th and when you floor it...the wheels light up :D But these things dont happen without $$$$$$$$$ :(

MMM... cruising in 4th then flooring and losing traction..... sound familiar Northy?

I've had a run with a R33 gtst and he got the shock of his life. From a standing start to top of 3rd in the Stivo all he had on me was a front mudguard. And yes I could hear the turbo and a rev limiter in 1st and 2nd so he was giving it everything.(So was I :lol: )

Northy... black Astra sri with 2 girls :D ...r32 skyline full of hero's <_< ....2 big blokes in a Stivo :lol: .... gutless wonder in the r32 who wouldn't go :angry: .... girls had more balls than they did. At least they had a go at us and came off 2nd best....badly. ;)

Edited by SILVABULLIT

yes blk t sport i know its double demerits this weekend but its cool cus that race happened last thursday night hehe

hmmm if silvabullit can give a gts t a good run then i guess there is no reason why i wasnt catching them then i suppose

nice story dude. very interesting.

i actually had somthing similar happen the other day but with a 96/97 clubsport

as usual my personalised plates ask for trouble.

so this driver decided to line me up and pester me for a few sets of lights while he had 2 mates in the car.

he kept reving his motor and taking off flatout then pulling back hoping id go him.

anyway he got the better of me on the 3rd set i took off as hard as i could giving a chirpie as i took off i got the jump but in about 2 seconds he flew past me and ended up about 3 car lengths in front of me and stayed there anyway as the speed kept rising i slowly started catching himby the time i was in forth i was at his ***** end and ctaching even faster.(WELL into loosing licence territory)

anyway the next thing i know he justs drops right off and i fly straight past him.there was no one around and plenty of road left. dont know what his problem was.

I THINK= he was getting worried that his precious holden clubbie was gonna as hard as it could and was about to be taken by a corolla so to save face in front of his mates he backed off.

when we got to the next set of lights he didnt even pull up beside me he slowed down right back and slowly rolled up to the lights then when they went green he took off slowly and let take off on my merry way.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STIVO!!!!! :D :D :D :D

thats a nice come back should have put on your hazards or something that would have really ****** him off lol

what are your number plates by the way i wanna get a set but i dont want to be looked upon as a ricer wog or anything

not that am a wog and i understand i wanna turn my car into jap spec so that makes it ricer lol

Nissans are slow even with turbo :P

The 3S has no problems with other 2.0L midly modified silvias out there (exhaust, boost, fmic)

Always gets 1.5-2 Car lengths at launch MR traction :D

The skyline GTS-T's arent worth the effort either they are slower then the SR20's. I Drive my friends one from time to time and man. It feels like a 1ZZFE! Big power bottom end for 2seconds then tappers off.

0-100kms is roughly 9-10 seconds with no launch. Though with a decent take of it would be about 8 seconds. They are big boats of a car!

The Key to beating turbo cars on the street is the Launch. Becuase Lag kills :(

Edited by sw20r

also remember our 2zzge motors are much newer and probably in better condition than most of the grey imports so pick on someone your own age :P i still love picking on BA XR8s and newer V8 Commies.. especially autos! They are just slow off the mark even with 3 times more torque than the Stivo :D

Edited by ZEEROLLA

also remember our 2zzge motors are much newer and probably in better condition than most of the grey imports so pick on someone ypur own age :P  S14/S15s ok..  but i still oove picking on BA XR8s and newer V8 Commies.. especially autos! :P

Hmmm, unless the driver is a complete ******, just about any new V8 will take the stivo to the cleaners, if they are auto, you have more of a chance so long as you dont mind thrashing the clutch and tyres to get the launch needed to compete with their low end power. Amusingly, in my neck of the woods, the only people who will ever give me a go is V8s, cause they know they will spank me - havnt beaten one yet :rolleyes:

Damn i want a V8... :(

also remember our 2zzge motors are much newer and probably in better condition than most of the grey imports so pick on someone ypur own age :P   S14/S15s ok..  but i still oove picking on BA XR8s and newer V8 Commies.. especially autos! :P

Hmmm, unless the driver is a complete ******, just about any new V8 will take the stivo to the cleaners, if they are auto, you have more of a chance so long as you dont mind thrashing the clutch and tyres to get the launch needed to compete with their low end power. Amusingly, in my neck of the woods, the only people who will ever give me a go is V8s, cause they know they will spank me - havnt beaten one yet :rolleyes:

Damn i want a V8... :(

You will be very surprised by the result up to 4th gear.. i ran 2 BA XR8s and both times i lost but stuck right up behind them. In 1st gear even without a launch i was neck and neck with the BA XR8 off the line.. it was an auto i think.

Commodores i have taken the 220kw and 225kw versions, both autos i think, and i beat 1 auto and lost to another (by a front bumper distance, and if i had more road i would pop into 4th and believe will take the win).

clocked 6.8 sec with 2 ppl and 3/4 tank with my rsm :) i thought it was quite impressive... i think if u drive the stivo near perfect with 1 person with bugger all fuel.......can break 6.5 sec.......

just then had a run with my brother and his my05....just decided to follow him out to the fuel station.....

surprisingly on first gear the stivo leads then 2nd the rex zooms until i hit lift then its about even? he was only slightly ahead of me about bumper length.....shifted into third then i pulled away :P didnt get to finish third gear! by the time reached third gear i think he stopped accelerating!

clocked 6.8 sec with 2 ppl and 3/4 tank with my rsm :) i thought it was quite impressive... i think if u drive the stivo near perfect with 1 person with bugger all fuel.......can break 6.5 sec.......

just then had a run with my brother and his my05....just decided to follow him out to the fuel station.....

surprisingly on first gear the stivo leads then 2nd the rex zooms until i hit lift then its about even? he was only slightly ahead of me about bumper length.....shifted into third then i pulled away :P didnt get to finish third gear! by the time reached third gear i think he stopped accelerating!

haha good stuff breaking WRX egos.. is your brother gonna sell his turbo awd pride now :P The Stivo is really an n/a 1800cc rocket i must say, just needs to e geared better really for easier LIFT, LIFT, LIFT!.. I think if you landed LIFT 1-2 you would beat your brother's MY05 WRX easy, but then again you guys didn't do a standing start launch which is the WRX's strength and also flying out of corners with awd traction.

thats a nice come back should have put on your hazards or something that would have really ****** him off lol

what are your number plates by the way i wanna get a set but i dont want to be looked upon as a ricer wog or anything

not that am a wog and i understand i wanna turn my car into jap spec so that makes it ricer lol

mate my plates arnt wog or ricer there just asking for trouble.lol

i got them to reflect on the driver more than the car.

but it has seemed to work both ways people who know me well understand they suit me and everyone else thinks im a smartass lol

TORMNT

haha good stuff breaking WRX egos.. is your brother gonna sell his turbo awd pride now :P The Stivo is really an n/a 1800cc rocket i must say, just needs to e geared better really for easier LIFT, LIFT, LIFT!.. I think if you landed LIFT 1-2 you would beat your brother's MY05 WRX easy, but then again you guys didn't do a standing start launch which is the WRX's strength and also flying out of corners with awd traction.

the blue rex certainly didn't fly away from me at any point at track day. in fact i had to back off round the sweeping bends at darlington so i wouldn't run up the back of it. just didn't have enough straight line tho.

Edited by shaohaok

the blue rex certainly didn't fly away from me at any point at track day. in fact i had to back off round the sweeping bends at darlington so i wouldn't run up the back of it. just didn't have enough straight line tho.

yeh i saw that vid clip Shao, something black and noisy came charging up behind a blue wrx :D i think Wrxs, STI including don't have good mid corner speed, they under.. under.. under.. :P but i think they are evolving all the time and getting better and better. Their best would probably still be full power out of low speed tighter coners and hairpins, just have to make sure the car is straighten and hang on!

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Hi all, well I am a long time looker and short time member...and yes this is my first post...but I have to add a few things in...

Firstly, I previously owned a AE101R (please correct me it was a 1995 Seca RV) with a very unstandard engine (from a friend that used to rally that shape...), I recently just bought a ZZE122 (Conquest granny style) after selling a 2000 n15 SSS.

Now my other car at the moment is a reasonably stock R33 (read standard boost but engine rebuilt etc etc), and I have to say in ALL the time of owning these two cars I am yet to be able to beat let alone come close to the missus when she drive the line, and it is the same the other way around. The AE was quicker, be it had an engine swap but it was still a 7A-FE...and N/A

In addition, my mate who OWNS my previous SSS is also able to take me.

The other fact is these are all done from the lights to the relative speed limit. The variance also become apparant when out on the drag strip...

Street racing to excess of the speed limit is not only stupid but dangerous and places additional risk on your life and the lives around you...

I see that there is a sticky for timesleeps, maybe its best to take it to the strip and leave it there...enough of the traffic light grandprix...... :rolleyes:

Or if that does not float your boat come out to QR or any other decent track around Oz and learn the limits the safe way

(I just realised I sound like my old man, sad part is he used to be in drag racing...)

Edited by Bobjones

Welcome to the forum Bobjones and I hope you enjoy your stay. You are obviously from Queensland by mentioning QR!!! (correct me if I'm wrong) Come out on a Thursday night and say g'day to some of the fellow Qld members(see club meets and events -milton and sunnybank maccas thread)

Cheers Silvabullit :D

Welcome to the forum Bobjones and I hope you enjoy your stay. You are obviously from Queensland by mentioning QR!!! (correct me if I'm wrong) Come out on a Thursday night and say g'day to some of the fellow Qld members(see club meets and events -milton and sunnybank maccas thread)

Cheers Silvabullit :D

As an "old school" person I started visiting such places nearly a decade ago...

And yes obviously I am in Queensland, the rolla is currently a run-around and I think modifications are on the back burner until the line is back up to scratch!!!

I've been frequenting such places as Milton for just over a decade now too.. :P

You know the funny thing is there seems to be same idiots(or now prolly their sons LOL) there as well!!! :lol:

There isn't too much that goes on at these places that i haven't seen either ;)