KABOOM the Stivo is dead....

Hey Matt

Its been a bit over 2 weeks ....u got an update 4 us ???? by the way what mods did u have on the car wen it kicked it and did the dealer say anything about them ?

Cheers

Bill

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the Stivo came home tonight... Brand Spankers new engine under the hood.. And clucth... And And And... Yep thats right Toyota put a new canolli under the hood... Glad to have it back... Didnt think Id miss it that much but well the Camry fridge on wheels was getting a lil boring... The Service Manager tells me the retail price of the repair was up around the 15k mark.. Glad theres a warranty.... :)

BTW does that Mean I have the newest drive train on the board now... :rolleyes:

Hi Exec,

I cant remember this but before they did all this work did you also have the rattles - gear selector cables problem ?

If you did has this now gone away after all the work they did ?

Cheers

Bill

They also replaced my drivers seat as it was wearing very poorly...

Driver's seat? Can that be replaced under warranty? I figured that when mine finally splits due to my frictional butt I'll swop it for a Recaro one :o or try to find someone's leather Celica seat.

Congrats on your new hardware Exec! I would be really interested in the built date of your engine and whether you still have the "sticky shift" problem or hard shifting problem? Or maybe let me know after you have run in the drivetrain :lol:

Cheers,

Zee

I know you havent had your car for to long now but im curious as to what was done for the rattles to not come back <_< <_< if you could monitor it for us and let us know that would be great

cheers

bill

Glad it worked out in the end man, I must admit, when I first read this:

http://www.notgoodenough.org/index.php?pag...2d7c63a8#toyota

I wondered if maybe it was you, its a dissapointing story to read but I guess that is poor dealer response, If I called Steve with an issue with my car, it would be fixed straight away. Its a shame that this guys car stuffs up so often but I must admit, I am more than a little curious as to how he drives it.

The bit that stuck out like dogs bits here was the fact that it was the OIL PUMP that failed, the SAME fault that caused Execs motor to seize.

I'd say that if you've got a rattly engine get it Dealer appraised, and documented immediately.

I wonder exactly how many dealers really do use the proper Synthetic oil, or just sneak in mineral 10w50 same as for normal Corollas.. no one'd ever know would they..??