Corolla with Celica engine

so the sportivo engine is just the same as a celica? oh.... sorry

i was actually thinking of trading my ascent in for a sportivo and starting fresh...

probly worth it huh?

Even if you find a 2zz & gear box dirt cheap from a wreck, it still wouldn't be worthwhile doing, trading up to the Sportivo is a much better proposition, not only because of cost, but also because you know you wont have problems with it because it was like that from factory.

so the sportivo engine is just the same as a celica? oh.... sorry

i was actually thinking of trading my ascent in for a sportivo and starting fresh...

probly worth it huh?

Even if you find a 2zz & gear box dirt cheap from a wreck, it still wouldn't be worthwhile doing, trading up to the Sportivo is a much better proposition, not only because of cost, but also because you know you wont have problems with it because it was like that from factory.

that's it.

2zz engine pack will set you pack $4500 for the motor, harness, ecu alone.

Did you just make a quick phone call, or is this something you have investigated....maybe as a project for a 2ZZ in a certain Levin :P

...the 2ZZ isn't powerful enough for a heavy ZZE 12x corolla...

Sorry, I might have missed a joke or a point somewhere, but surely if the 2ZZ is powerful enough for the Sportivo (heaviest model in the range) then surely its powerful enough for the Ascent (lightest model).

If I am having a blonde moment and have missed something important, please explain it to me then give me a quick clip over the earhole! :blink:

when I say it's not powerful enough, a 15 second quarter mile is quite slow in these times... The motor has no torque, a heavy car like a ZZE corolla with no torque isn't what I call "fast"

Ask Northy what his car ran with the new mods at willowbank ;)...

for the 2zz to be any use in my view, it needs a lightweight car.

Hell, even my cheap POS corolla lapped Darlington 3 seconds a lap faster than Shao's stripped out car with race rubber :P (we got the times from the incar videos.)

Put the 2ZZ in a light car such as an AE82, with no PS or AC to weigh it down and sap power, and you have an instant 13sec car. Easy.

when I say it's not powerful enough, a 15 second quarter mile is quite slow in these times...  The motor has no torque, a heavy car like a ZZE corolla with no torque isn't what I call "fast"

Hell, even my cheap POS corolla lapped Darlington 3 seconds a lap faster than Shao's stripped out car with race rubber :P  (we got the times from the incar videos.)

Put the 2ZZ in a light car such as an AE82, with no PS or AC to weigh it down and sap power, and you have an instant 13sec car.  Easy.

but mine didn't look as h0m0 :P

when I say it's not powerful enough, a 15 second quarter mile is quite slow in these times...  The motor has no torque, a heavy car like a ZZE corolla with no torque isn't what I call "fast"

Hell, even my cheap POS corolla lapped Darlington 3 seconds a lap faster than Shao's stripped out car with race rubber :P  (we got the times from the incar videos.)

Put the 2ZZ in a light car such as an AE82, with no PS or AC to weigh it down and sap power, and you have an instant 13sec car.  Easy.

Ah, me see now.

This is how my ideal little toy comes about ... a 2ZZ in a low-kays 1996-99 Starlet, solid-as but 830kg wringing wet, a bit under 800kg with a few bits removed (air con, etc).

Sounds like fun to me! B)