Dirty Car Awards

I'll start it off with my entry...

this is how may car looked after 3,000km of highway driving + a couple of weeks general driving prior to going on the trip....

gallery_279_18_1128332198.jpg

gallery_279_18_1128332222.jpg

took 4 buckets of water to clean, mind you it was a hot day today, despite being cleaned in the garage...

looked much worse in person, the photos don't really do it justice...

so thats how they get them so white...., silva was round at my place when we saw dylans car, man you should have seen him lol he was in disbelief

don't worry, so was I, that's why I had to post it...

there were just sooooo many bugs across the Hay Plains

so thats how they get them so white...., silva was round at my place when we saw dylans car, man you should have seen him lol he was in disbelief

don't worry, so was I, that's why I had to post it...

there were just sooooo many bugs across the Hay Plains

Hahaha my car was pretty dirty but i had too wash it..to bad im no longer a contestant....

But man the read rolla is pretty dirtay..... haha :P

maybe this is a question out of the topic but just want to ask you guys, how do you dry your car after wash?? I bought a synthetic chamois after reading lots of posts, after wash I just put it onto the car then press lightly, then lift it and squeeze the water out and move to the next section. But I still find water spots. Am I doing anything wrong??? or I just need lots of chamois to repeat the step? or pure cotton cloth will do a better job? Please help... thanks.

oh anyone give me so ideas if those spray on wax products are good? doing the job as good as those liquid ones? many thanks.

maybe this is a question out of the topic but just want to ask you guys, how do you dry your car after wash??  I bought a synthetic chamois after reading lots of posts, after wash I just put it onto the car then press lightly, then lift it and squeeze the water out and move to the next section.  But I still find water spots.  Am I doing anything wrong???  or I just need lots of chamois to repeat the step? or pure cotton cloth will do a better job?  Please help... thanks.

oh anyone give me so ideas if those spray on wax products are good?  doing the job as good as those liquid ones?  many thanks.

I use the "Armoral' brand chamois (it has like a honeycomb style pattern on it) and use it to take the water off the car and wipe it dry.

Remember the secret is to wipe, then wring, wipe wring. Otherwise you are gonna get too much water on the chamois and it becomes as useful as (.Y.) on a bull.

I then use an old bath towel that doesn't drop lint and stuff for a final wipe.

Windows - take the water off with the chamois, then I use a 75/25 Metho/Water mix in a spray bottle with newspaper.

maybe this is a question out of the topic but just want to ask you guys, how do you dry your car after wash??  I bought a synthetic chamois after reading lots of posts, after wash I just put it onto the car then press lightly, then lift it and squeeze the water out and move to the next section.  But I still find water spots.  Am I doing anything wrong???  or I just need lots of chamois to repeat the step? or pure cotton cloth will do a better job?  Please help... thanks.

oh anyone give me so ideas if those spray on wax products are good?  doing the job as good as those liquid ones?  many thanks.

Pass on the synthetic chamois, get a leather one, lasts for ages, had mine for 4 years, bit tatty now but still does an excellent job and as the others have said let it soak up the water then wring it out start from the top of your car and work down.

The leather Chamois are a bit wierd when new hasa waxy kind of substance which I think is like a wax of some sorts, once that has worn if your pait work comes out sparkling!

Quick drive to get most of the water off the car and out of the rims then chamois dry with a man made leather chamois. Don't like the real leather ones as they tear too easily.

Remember to wash the car in the shade;then chamois in the shade as this will dramaticallly reduce the chance of water spots.

maybe I should try wiping it instead of press and lift, plus change a leather one... won't bath towel cause swirls? or I'm worrying too much but the paint is not actually that weak? :rolleyes:

another question are those spray on type wax the same good as liquid ones? saw the eagle one wax as you dry, sounds saving lots of time but curious about the outcome. anyone tried?? last question can new car be polished??

many thanks!! :D

I use the "Armoral' brand chamois (it has like a honeycomb style pattern on it) and use it to take the water off the car and wipe it dry.

Remember the secret is to wipe, then wring, wipe wring. Otherwise you are gonna get too much water on the chamois and it becomes as useful as (.Y.) on a bull.

I then use an old bath towel that doesn't drop lint and stuff for a final wipe.

Windows - take the water off with the chamois, then I use a 75/25 Metho/Water mix in a spray bottle with newspaper.