Wheel Nuts

CAP

Well tonight I was going to spray my brake calipers, I had two spare hours, all the paint, newspaper and masking tape I needed, already cleaned the calipers the night before in preperation.

So I go to remove wheel no 1, something I've done countless times before, but fortunately not in this car as I've never had a flat ( And after tonight very glad ), So out with the wheel wrench, a bit tight, won't budge, try with my foot on the wrench, no movement, a few hits with the rubber mallet nothing, leverage with a longer steel bar on the wrench nada. At this stage I was frothing at the mouth in a foul language rage.

To further fuel my anger I decided to try every other nut on every other wheel with the same result, If I were to have had a flat, I'd have been left holding my d!ck in my hand and not able to change my wheel over because the a$$hole tyre/wheel retailer who fitted and balances my wheels has tighted all my wheel nuts way too much.

So you now know what I'm now doing on Saturday morning, and my Calipers have to wait, again.

get them spun off with an air gun. hate it how they like to overtighten the nuts. guess they try to protect themselves as much as possible from the chance of them loosening off.

I had the same problem removing a few of my nuts. it was so fu**ing darn tight like u know what... i ended up swearing so loud my next door neighbour came out and asked what was wrong. him being a giant 190cm, 100kg+ guy used all his strength to get some of the nuts off. even he was wasted. man this guy is damn strong. i'll send him around your place :D

Tight lock nuts are the worse man....i had a friend who had to drill holes in his mags to remove em. I know how its feels i have broken a wrench trying to get a bloody nut off...i stomp on it then finally use my hands and the wrench broke, dont ask me i dont know how, maybe because it was made in china or something.

goodluck 1zzfe....i got a conquest too :blink:

That's another thing that doesn't make things any easier, the standard wrench is too short and weak (It was bending) and then a bigger wrench I have from another car doesn't fit into the wheel.

Grow some Muscles  :P

or a beer gut to lean on :P

I was waiting for that one, you guys are getting slow these days :lol: :P :D

i use the kit that came with the car to change the tyre...

just put it on the bolt and stand on it and i bounced on it ... it came off

u turning it the right way ? ;)

Dude, like I said, I changed wheels alot of times before for myself and others on cars and trucks, I'm not the weakest guy around ( That's Lucio :P) , so when I say they're tight I mean it :rolleyes: